I wanna get some tattoos. Body places are ok?

Options
camila_scl
camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
So, the first one is a fairy, but it doesn't have the wings, and I would like her to be redhead. It is from a book of magic short stories that was own by my great grandma, and actually the coloring was done by her. Also the story is just beautiful. I would like this one to go in my back, in the middle upper part between the shoulder blades (i think they are called in english, not sure lol)

From the same book, but another story, I got this other one, which I would like on the lower part of my back. the original draw was another fairy but the mid size of her body was the flower, I would get only the flower in black and white. Also, I would like the flower to be re-drawn but you get the idea....

I would mainly would like some comments on the place that I'm thinking to put them, because the 'I hate the drawing comment' would bring me a bit down I guess LOL

So, place ok? or do you think another body place would be better?

th_mona.jpg
th_flor.jpg
th_IMG292.jpg

Replies

• gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    It is your body, put them wherever you like. I have a few tattoos myself and I made a point of placing them all where they can only be seen when I want them to be. A regular short sleeved shirt covers them nicely. Some people don't care, but I always felt that there may be times when you don't want them to show (business settings and such).

Your choice of placements sounds fine to me.
  • ocampo82
    ocampo82 Posts: 3
    Options
    I always suggest to people put the work where you can see it too. Also if you have lighter skin the colors will be much more vibrant....and make sure you keep sunblock on them when you do go in the sun :p

I would do some research, I believe --at least in my case--red ink commonly irritates the skin even after the tattoo is healed. My right arm is heavy red and occasionally the red will itch like a bug bite for a couple hours.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have tats and like them.

They all have meaning and i place them where I want them for a reason.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have lots and like them on the calf / ankle. But that is just me.
  • the_mad_fatter
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting some myself but haven't settled on a design yet, but I do agree with the thoughts of putting them somewhere you can enjoy them but also can be covered easily. Some work places for example can be funny about visable tattoos. But where you're planning to get them it sounds like you'd be fine!