Don't like veggies?

Options
I am having problems eating my veggies. I've never liked any veggie, even when I was little. I've never eaten them and can't seem to get them down. The only thing i've been able to stand is broccoli and I don't really like it but can't at least get it down. Does anyone know of a way to either get in the nutrients from the veggies or know of a really good recipe for me to try to give the veggies some flavor. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories to spare a little butter. Butter makes everything taste better. I use cajun seasoning and soy sauce also.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Try hiding veggies in other foods you like. Grind up carrots and put it in spaghetti sauce, chop in a chopper some spinach and add it to your hamburger meat.

There are some veggies I absolutely LOVE raw- but cook them and they just taste gross to me. Like carrots- eegh cooked carrots are gross- but I love them raw and crunchy.

Maybe try and experiment? Good luck!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I use "Greens" supplements. Not as good as the real thing, I know, but better than nothing. Because nothing will get me to eat veggies.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Try hiding veggies in other foods you like. Grind up carrots and put it in spaghetti sauce, chop in a chopper some spinach and add it to your hamburger meat.

There are some veggies I absolutely LOVE raw- but cook them and they just taste gross to me. Like carrots- eegh cooked carrots are gross- but I love them raw and crunchy.

Maybe try and experiment? Good luck!
    if it wasnt for eating healthy if u cook carrots in melted butter (a whole stick:noway: ) and about half a cup to a cup of brown sugar and just let it simmer....theyre delicious ...but ummm to say the least its not healthy soooo probably not a good idea :grumble:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You could cook your veggies and caramelize them in a little sweet and sour, pineapple or plum sauce. Very yummy, and you only need a tablespoon or two. Goes great with chicken and rice.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Indian recipes. I am not a huge veggie fan, but in Indian food they have so many spices that they taste delicious. Indian food is an acquired taste though
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    I know this isn't quite the same but what about trying some of the V8 drinks and juices. I love the original V8 and it's good for me. I know you will have to count in the calories but it's a healthy drink.
    Good luck!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    V8 V.Fusion juices (fruit and veggie in each serving)

asparagus roasted with evoo, sea salt, and garlic powder (350 degrees for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy)

green monster shake (spinach, banana or other fruit, 1 tbs natural pb, flax seed if you have it, skim milk blended)

carrots roasted with honey
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I like to get frozen veggies because then I get a great variety without having to buy, peel and chop a whole bunch. "Europe's Best" has some great combinations. I can stir-fry some chicken or shrimp with half a bag of "Zen Garden" and some tasty sauce and eat it with brown rice. Done in minutes!
  • lynzefaithb
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. I'll try it all!
  • BillieS
    BillieS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There are some cookbooks out now about pureeing your vegetables and mixing them in other foods or sauces. Jerry Steinfields wife has one out and I think it is called deceptively different. It is the way she gets her kids to eat vegetables without knowing it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    There is a fantastic cookbook out there designed really for the picky toddler who won't eat veggies - it's called "Deceptively Delicious" - By Jessica Seinfeld (yes, Jerry Seinfeld's wifey)... Anyway, some great recipes on how to hide full servings of veggies in food.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

I totally agree...cooked spinich makes me gag...but a nice fresh spinich salad and I'm all good.