learning to run

Options
oh man, I am learning to run.
I have been going at it for a month and a half now and today I just upped it to 4 minute runs and 1 minute walks. (I do a 3k loop)
I have never ever been able to run in my life and this last run was almost unbelievable to me, never did i ever think that I would be able to do what I just did tonight, I didn't even think it when I left the house (even though it was my intention)
It feels so good to get better and better every week (even every day)
To anyone taking on a challenge right now, anything at all but especially if you are trying to get your sorry butt into shape then please take my advice, KEEP GOING!!!! its so worth it.
have some faith
it gets better and better!!!!

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your running! I just started running- I never thought I would ever be able to do it either. :drinker: :drinker:

Here's to sticking with it!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations on your running and your attitude. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the post. It is what I needed to see right now as I have back slidden and quit doing my running. You are my inspiration to start again.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it a shot too! Only 2 days into the couch to 5 k program, but I am encouraged and inspired by your post. Thanks!
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago. I am really enjoying it. I find it very theraputic. I am only doing about 2 minutes of running and 5 minutes of walking though. I hope to be able to run 5 miles without any walking by a year. It's good to hear other people are going through this too. I thought I was the only person who thought they would never be able to run. I am open to tips and suggestions! :)
  • Frumpy
    Frumpy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!

I really must start myself, I find I start off every morning feeling fresh and promising myself I'll start this evening after work, but by the time I get home all my motivation is gone and Im too tired to start. From tomorrow on Im going to kick myself in the *kitten* to get a move on:laugh: