Options
2»

Replies

• seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I was expecting to read a sad thread!

Congrats!

My little dog is 20lbs and I need to get him down to 15 per his vet and that appears to be harder than ME losing weight!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Such a crazy thought that I'm aiming to lose two of him!!!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Lol! I thought I was the only one who thought in terms of my dog. We have a yellow lab puppy that was born on thanksgiving day. I started the day after thanksgiving. We have been neck and neck her whole life (her gaining to my losing). She's about 65lbs now-so she's pulled ahead by a bit. I'll catch up though-it's been my benchmark all along that if she gets too far ahead of me, that means it's time for me to buckle down. The vet says she will be behemoth and come in somewhere between 90 and 100 lbs-sort of the neighborhood of what I want to lose. I really did think I was the only one who thought in terms of my dog-so thus made my day! Congrats on your loss thus far-that's great work!
  • ClareB13
    Options
    Lol! I thought I was the only one who thought in terms of my dog. We have a yellow lab puppy that was born on thanksgiving day. I started the day after thanksgiving. We have been neck and neck her whole life (her gaining to my losing). She's about 65lbs now-so she's pulled ahead by a bit. I'll catch up though-it's been my benchmark all along that if she gets too far ahead of me, that means it's time for me to buckle down. The vet says she will be behemoth and come in somewhere between 90 and 100 lbs-sort of the neighborhood of what I want to lose. I really did think I was the only one who thought in terms of my dog-so thus made my day! Congrats on your loss thus far-that's great work!

That's amazing - well done you!
    My brother (jokingly) accused me of depriving the dog of food so I could catch him quicker - don't worry, there's no truth in it! I love that puppy far too much to even think that way!!
  • syncynlyn
    syncynlyn Posts: 39
    Options
    LOL! I have a similar story. I was getting ready for work and my son was right next to the scale so I asked him to get on it and he weighed 38 pounds which was the exact amount I had lost at the time. It was crazy to think I lost the equivelent of my son!
  • ClareB13
    Options
    LOL! I have a similar story. I was getting ready for work and my son was right next to the scale so I asked him to get on it and he weighed 38 pounds which was the exact amount I had lost at the time. It was crazy to think I lost the equivelent of my son!

That's brilliant, congratulations!
  • Thinsposa
    Thinsposa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Phew... I totally thought you were referring to something completely different with that topic title, I was preparing myself for a tearjerker.

Fantastic work by the way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!