PinkEarthMama
PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
Anyone else?

Four hours of sleep is just NOT enough.

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Four hours? Lucky! Just kidding, but I can relate. I get up at 3am for work and suffer from insomnia as well.
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I hear ya...this has been a problem my entire adult life. :yawn:
  • PinkEarthMama
    Options
    Four hours? Lucky! Just kidding, but I can relate. I get up at 3am for work and suffer from insomnia as well.

Yeah... 4 hours but not all together... And no more than four a night ( or less ) for the last week.

I feel stupid, I'm so tired!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Yuppppp ... I'm with you .. I average 4 hours per night .... It's crap really !!! :(
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There are herbal pills called Deep Sleep that help my husband a lot. He's had insomnia since he was a kid. Ambien works too, but it gives him crazy dreams and really tranquilizes him, making it difficult to wake up. The Deep Sleep pills don't do that. They give him a natural feeling, restful sleep.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yes. I just broke a really bad cycle. It comes and goes for me.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Have you consulted with your doctor about this? I think you need to get to the root cause of it, not just mask it with sleep aids. Perhaps something to help you sleep is what you need, but perhaps it's something else that needs to be addressed.

The body and mind need sleep so you really should get to the cause.
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes. I just broke a really bad cycle. It comes and goes for me.

Comes and goes for me as well. I actually just had a really great month and a half. It's back again though- last night I got about 4 hours. I meant to pick up some bedtime tea yesterday, but the kind I like was sold out. Go figure.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Have you consulted with your doctor about this? I think you need to get to the root cause of it, not just mask it with sleep aids. Perhaps something to help you sleep is what you need, but perhaps it's something else that needs to be addressed.

^^ This is so true in my case ... Plus a couple of restless toddlers .. My 4 hours is actually broken ..
  • PinkEarthMama
    Options

^^ This is so true in my case ... Plus a couple of restless toddlers .. My 4 hours is actually broken ..

I won't take sleep aids :-( I almost wish I did!
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sleep? What's Sleep?
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I suffer from this and I have a 2 year old that wakes up multiple times through out the night. It seems to be getting a little better right now though.
  • JediMindfck
    JediMindfck Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tend to snatch sleep here and there when I'm on shift, and at the end of the week (or fortnight or whatever it may be) I'll fall into a ten hour marathon slumber (read coma). It's almost like "banking" sleep and making one huge withdrawal, periodically. Btw, as I type this it's 3.14am.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I highly recommend getting a sleep study done and analyzed by a sleep neurologist.

I found out in addition to chronic insomnia, I have restless legs syndrome and was getting very little REM sleep with what little sleep I was getting
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I wont take sleep aids either. Here are some small things that help me when I'm in a bad sleep cycle.

-I wash my sheets every night. I try to make my bed as comfy cozy as possible, and nice clean sheets make me feel so good.
    -People often forget that waking up is part of the process. I never wear sunglasses in the morning. I read this once and thought it was stupid, but tried it anyway, and I swear it works. I forget why, but something about the sunlight and chemicals in your brain, and wearing sunglasses simulates a darker environment and inhibits the "wake up" chemicals. Sounds silly, but try it.
    -Stick to your scheudle. Workout, eat right, go to work or school, and do everything as normal. Don't give in. It will pass. It has to. I tend to stress eat when I'm really tired, especailly if I hot the 2nd week of a really bad cycle, I just want heavy meals, lasagne, and that kind of food, cheese and pasta, pizza, things like that, even fast food, which I never eat.
    -If you have the option, the BEST solution for me is to take off a few days from work, and hopefully, I don't have much going on and I can just hang around the house and take naps. A few days of that, and I'll snap back into place pretty fast. However, I usually can't do this.
    -Create a sleep routine. Normally, I don't have to do this at all, but in a bad sleep cycle, it does help to shut off the TV, do a few chores, close up the house, wash the dishes, etc, take a shower, and keep things quiet, and get myself into sleep mode. I might read right before bed too to help me sleep.
    -Lastly, if you have life issues, take care of them. Make spreadsheets, write out letters, keep a journal, do whatever you have to do to get it out and stop spinning it around in your head over and over. While this is not always my problem, sometimes it is, and I've founf that just hitting it head on will often resolve it.

Hope this helps.