Thinking of doing a clense, thoughts?

Options
Im thinking of doing one of those slim quick - caffine free clenses.
any thoughts?

Im thinking this will help flush out all the junk in my system before i start my weight loss program.

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    If it's a jumpstart for you, go for it. They are pretty much rubbish, though.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Everybody is going to tell you it's a horrible idea.

I did one when I started this diet. I did one day clear liquids, one day nothing but water, then drank the stuff you use for a colonscopy. I flushed 13 pounds of garbage out of my system.

Note.

You're going to not lose weight for a bit after it, you can't do it on a steady basis. It's a bad idea medically. It's kind of disgusting. Go in knowing all that please.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Nah, just start eating better. These are just a waste of your hard-earned cash. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Wallet actually gets cleansed more than your colon.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    honestly I would just make up a jug of water with slices of lemon in it , start the day with a grapefruit then just drink your lemon water through the day and at night time have an apple, its a good kick start and the lemon water is a cleanse
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Best, most effective cleanse out there:

Electric-Showers.jpg
    +
    coconut-soap_l.jpg
    +
    Glove_Square_With_Handle.jpg

Your liver and kidneys work quite well at all of the internal cleansing.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    eat right...work out.
  • heathime
    heathime Posts: 3
    Options
    Just checked out Dr.Oz and he said ...really if you are pooping S shaped poop you are evacuating your bowels and there for no real need to do a cleanse...if this S shape thing is a problem increase water and fiber.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just had an awesome cleanse. 45 minutes after I wake up, just like everyday.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    DR Oz is getting a kick back from the letter S.
  • heathime
    heathime Posts: 3
    Options
    I went to a natural path once and they told me to start day with a glass of luke warm lemon water:)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    My thoughts: Completely unnecessary.
  • crystalrx
    crystalrx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried a 10 day fast, it's called the Daniel Fast, if you want to look it up on the internet. It is based on what Daniel ate in the bible, I am not pushing the religious aspects here, but food-wise, I found it really healthy and cleansing. A run down for you:
    All fruits and vegetables are allowed
    Flat breads only (no yeast)
    No dairy products, no meats, no caffeine, processed food, sugar or alcohol
    Only water to drink
    Quality oils, like olive and canola
    Grains are allowed, so oats, rice, quinoa, etc are ok.
    All nuts.

So basically it's vegan with a few more restrictions.

So, for example, in the morning I might have a smoothie made with fruit, soy yogurt and almond milk and toasted flat bread with all natural peanut butter. A lunch or supper idea would be pasta with veggies and pasta sauce, or a stir fry with rice. The first 2 days were kinda difficult with no caffeine. You might expect headaches and alot of tiredness. Some people experience muscle aches too, but for me, after day 2, I slept so much better and also felt free from food controlling me. You know how that certain food will call your name until you have it? On the fast, you are breaking the fast and a commitement if you do have it, so that is motivation. I though it was a great start to help me finalize realize I control food, it doesn't control me.
    An idea for you anyway!
  • realtreegirl
    realtreegirl Posts: 101
    Options
    I just did the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse! I lost 6 lbs, 4 inches and I felt wonderful while doing it and not bloated like I always seem to be. Also on this cleanse you do not go hungry at all because you can eat as much veggies, fruit and lean meat as you want! You take a herbal cleanse vitamin, a fiber drink, and drink 12-14 glasses of water a day. I have done a lot of cleanses and this one was by far the best!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Waste of time and money.

Anything with "cleanse" or "detox" in the title that costs money is someone taking advantage of you.

Eat healthy foods and exercise. The rest is noise.

--Prahasaurus
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My colon is fine, but I need a brain bleach cleanse after reading about the s-shaped poops.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I tried a 10 day fast, it's called the Daniel Fast, if you want to look it up on the internet. It is based on what Daniel ate in the bible, I am not pushing the religious aspects here, but food-wise, I found it really healthy and cleansing. A run down for you:
    All fruits and vegetables are allowed
    Flat breads only (no yeast)
    No dairy products, no meats, no caffeine, processed food, sugar or alcohol
    Only water to drink
    Quality oils, like olive and canola
    Grains are allowed, so oats, rice, quinoa, etc are ok.
    All nuts.

So basically it's vegan with a few more restrictions.

So, for example, in the morning I might have a smoothie made with fruit, soy yogurt and almond milk and toasted flat bread with all natural peanut butter. A lunch or supper idea would be pasta with veggies and pasta sauce, or a stir fry with rice. The first 2 days were kinda difficult with no caffeine. You might expect headaches and alot of tiredness. Some people experience muscle aches too, but for me, after day 2, I slept so much better and also felt free from food controlling me. You know how that certain food will call your name until you have it? On the fast, you are breaking the fast and a commitement if you do have it, so that is motivation. I though it was a great start to help me finalize realize I control food, it doesn't control me.
    An idea for you anyway!
    From a biblical definition, soy yogurt, almond milk, peanut butter, pasta and sauce are all "processed foods".
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The body knows how to 'cleanse' itself. It's an amazing piece of work. Cleanses are unnecessary.

As Prahasaurus succinctly put it: "Eat healthy foods and exercise." That's the best cleanse out there.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My colon is fine, but I need a brain bleach cleanse after reading about the s-shaped poops.

Mine is shaped like a hexagon...is that wrong??
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

Mine is shaped like a hexagon...is that wrong??

Not wrong, just awesome.