Protein?

Options
Frumpy
Frumpy Posts: 6 Member
Hi guys,

Im new enough to the site been here 6 weeks I find it fantastic I've already lost 4lbs.

I find it I go over my protein quota every day, I find it easy to stay within my cal's and fat quotas. Is this a major problem??? I eat fish about 5 days per week and chicken the other two, I sometimes have red meat but not on a weekly basis.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Protein is set really low on MFP. It's ok to go over.
  • Frumpy
    Options
    Oh good, thanks for the reply
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Im new enough to the site been here 6 weeks I find it fantastic I've already lost 4lbs.

I find it I go over my protein quota every day, I find it easy to stay within my cal's and fat quotas. Is this a major problem??? I eat fish about 5 days per week and chicken the other two, I sometimes have red meat but not on a weekly basis.

I'll second what Gemi said. MFP really DOES tend to go really low with our protein allowance. Most of us have still managed to lose quite well with going over on it! :happy:
    Glad you joined us, you are soooooo gonna love it here! :flowerforyou:
    You've no doubt already found that it's MFP is fun, as well as addictive! :laugh:
  • mamapea
    mamapea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can go into 'change goals' and, I forget what the option is called but not the 'guided' one, choose that to change the %age of proteins, carbs, and fat. That is also where you can add other things to add to your daily tracking like sodium.
  • Frumpy
    Options
    Thanks you guys.

I delighted to hear that Im not doing anything wrong, I'm finding tracking what I eat is an amazing way to see exactly what Im putting into my body on a weekly basis
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can personalized your numbers on this site.......i reset the protein to 45 percent.