lunch and dinner?

Options
NYAngel1089
NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for some healthy lunch and dinner ideas. Anyone else like cottage cheese or have any recipes with it? I need more protein in my diet if anyone has good healthy recipes for beef, chicken, and pork. Thanks so much!!!!!

Replies

• catfire309
    catfire309 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a good protein for you. Fresh basil,a little olive oil salt and pepper and a few garlic cloves blitz that in your blender add salt and pepper to the chicken breast and pour over basil and olive oil mixture.let that sit in the fridge for a few hour's. over night is best. then grill or bake in the oven till juices run clear. about 20 to 30 min at 350. in my house we call it green chicken and they absolutely love it. you can use store bought pesto but this is a little healthier with out all the cheese and and the fat from the pine nut's. It is also really good on steak or pork. chop's. hope that help's =)
  • NYAngel1089
    Options
    I have a good protein for you. Fresh basil,a little olive oil salt and pepper and a few garlic cloves blitz that in your blender add salt and pepper to the chicken breast and pour over basil and olive oil mixture.let that sit in the fridge for a few hour's. over night is best. then grill or bake in the oven till juices run clear. about 20 to 30 min at 350. in my house we call it green chicken and they absolutely love it. you can use store bought pesto but this is a little healthier with out all the cheese and and the fat from the pine nut's. It is also really good on steak or pork. chop's. hope that help's =)

That sounds delicious! Thank you, I can't wait to try it!!
  • mooly77
    mooly77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Baked Chicken Recipe:

Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 cup dry bread crumbs
    2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
    In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
    Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 281 | Total Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 75mg

We add a little garlic salt and we don't use bread crumbs.
  • NYAngel1089
    Options
    Baked Chicken Recipe:

Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 cup dry bread crumbs
    2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
    In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
    Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 281 | Total Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 75mg

We add a little garlic salt and we don't use bread crumbs.

That sounds good! I will give it a try, Thank you!!
  • mooly77
    mooly77 Posts: 18
    Options
    We're very much a garlic family lol... So if you like garlic this is a great recipe!
  • NYAngel1089
    Options
    I am a garlic person too!!