Just staring the healthy journey at 56 near chicago

Options
:bigsmile: so, I have lost a total of two people over my lifetime. Once, I went on Optifast. It worked great, i lost 60 lbs and within two years, 50% of it was back on. Gradually of course, it was all back and then some. As I age, I realize that loosing the weight is not important, but a healthy lifestyle is. Can I stay on track? I must. I have hypertension, osteoarthritis, osteopenia, and I just plain don't feel good. So, for once in my life I am going to do this for ME! Not. Not because I am going to a wedding, or loosing for that oh so special occasion. I am doing it for ME!!!

Wish me luck, cheer me on, and I will do the same for each and every one of you. I love my new iPad and it does make it easy to track all nutrients, not just calories. My next personal hurdle will be to be able to do any activity for more than 30 minutes. When I excercize now, everything hurts allover.......

I just had a delicious breakfast, something I always "skipped" to save calories. It was balanced and good for me, and I feel elated that I have done this a whole five days in a row! Now if I could just get someone to do all these dishes I have been generating....

Well, that's all for now, see you at the weigh in!!! Lol.....

Replies

• TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    51 in Michigan! Feel free to add me!
  • JersryGirl31
    JersryGirl31 Posts: 167
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request.
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm almost 62, in NE Georgia. Just been on here since March. Add me if you'd like.
    I'm not a pro, but learn and share with me?
    Take care,
    Kris