Out walking or running, do you stop when ...

Options
2»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I always give wrong directions.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    If i were walking i would stop for sure. If i were running, I would slow and jog in place. My legs lock up if i stop. Lol.
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I always stop and give them direction to get them where they are trying to go. I have even been flagged down while cycling at a brisk speed. I keep in mind that I might need someone's help finding somewhere and I don't expect to get what I don't give.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Of course I stop, I just don't necessarily give the correct directions.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    If I'm actually running, I've never had anyone try to stop me, or seen it happen, it's kind of weird, but if I was walking, briskly or not I would stop. It's a walk, and unless you are in a super rush, your heartrate isn't really going to change all that much.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always stop. The roads out where I live are actually fairly confusing so it's common for people to get turned around.

Oddly enough though when I am in the city & get asked for directions, most times I'm unable to help people because I really only am familiar with what ever is on the route from my car to the office & that's it. I know people think I'm being rude, but 95% of the time, I honestly don't know how to get where they want to go.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have never been in the situation, but I would probably say sorry, can't stop. To the people saying not stopping is rude, do you not consider interupting someones exercise time rude?

No, I don't consider it rude. Seriously, sometimes people are lost and need help and I personally would feel very badly about myself if I didn't try to help them out. Heck, when I am walking the dogs at the park, we are normally moving at 4 mph to get a decent workout in and I have people stop me to ask if they or their kids can pet the dogs. Of course I stop. Once they are done petting them, we push off and start moving again. I might burn 30 less calories that day. Not a big deal to me.
  • wahchile
    wahchile Posts: 19
    Options
    Yes. Its part of being a member of a civilized society.

This.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Nope. When I'm running I don't want to stop. It's not rude at all, it's more rude for someone to interrupt your workout.

Plus.. safety reasons. Lots of creeps out there.