cheat days?

Options
Do u do u one meal or the whole day whatever you want?

Replies

• sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I take a day on the weekend, to eat whatever i want, as long as its within my maintenance calories.
    The maintenance day is tied into my overall weekly deficit.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I typically take the entire day. But if I know one meal is REALLY bad I will keep the others a little better. Only one day per week tho!
  • akiss4u2tam
    akiss4u2tam Posts: 50
    Options
    My week days are very structured because of my job... I've realized that my weekends, which are very unstructured, can be very difficult.. I tend to go over my recommended intake on Saturday because I'm usually out with friends..... AND FOOD TASTES REALLY GOOD..... So I give a day ........... Weight Watchers gives you extra points for for those such times...
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I leave it to one meal and my cheat days are restricted to very special occasions like birthday parties, weddings, annual bbqs. I have come to far and have too far to go to do it often.
  • Natsume
    Natsume Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I give myself ONE "cheat day" a week. Though I do not always take it; however, if I have a craving I listen to it. There are "special occasions" that I allow myself to eat anything I want, but those are things like birthdays, promotion, hitting certain goals (ex: losing 5 pounds). It depends on the person. As long as you don't go crazy it should be fine. Then again, I am the type of person who works out so I can eat. :P
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You are either hitting your daily intake goals or you are not hitting your daily intake goals. Therefore you either had a cheat day or you did not cheat at all.

That's my opinion.

So far on this cut I'm not having cheat days but I will likely add in one per week sometime in June. For me, the purposes of the cheat are psychological. I value a day where I don't monitor intake.

I typically end between maintenance and +500ish on a cheat day.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Personally, I try to incorporate my cravings sensibly on a regular basis, so there is nothing to "cheat" on. I love chocolate, so I use cocoa powder or chocolate pea protein in my almond milk coffee.
    I will have a serving of tortilla chips with my chili or if I have Mexican food.
    I incorporate things I like every day so I don't feel deprived.
    Occasionally I splurge on a meal, but since I eat nutritious foods otherwise, I don't consider it cheating.
  • drea0703
    drea0703 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Naaaa, I try to stay healthy and make good choices but sometimes I pig out. This is not tied to a specific day but more an occasion like dinner with friends. If I made some not so healthy choices I try to make up for it by working out harder and cutting back on calories the next day.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Personally, I try to incorporate my cravings sensibly on a regular basis, so there is nothing to "cheat" on. I love chocolate, so I use cocoa powder or chocolate pea protein in my almond milk coffee.
    I will have a serving of tortilla chips with my chili or if I have Mexican food.
    Occasionally I splurge on a meal, but since I eat nutritious foods otherwise, I don't consider it cheating.

What about a box of wine?
    It's a jug, not a box... and I incorporate that into my goals as well.
  • CoryIda
    Options

What about a box of wine?
    It's a jug, not a box... and I incorporate that into my goals as well.

Well you probably burn a lot of calories on those days typing to me, so you can drink more, I think you can use a drink right now.
    At 10:53 a.m.????
    Sure. I'm on it.
  • Jump1979man
    Jump1979man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dont do cheat days......it impedes your progress and gets your mind in a weak state thinking its ok to not stick to your diet!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I dont do cheat days......it impedes your progress and gets your mind in a weak state thinking its ok to not stick to your diet!

What if the cheat day is called a high intake day and it is a scheduled part of the diet plan?
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have a day at the weekend, if I feel like it, where I let myself have the things I have been eyeing up during the weekdays. I prefer to keep them to one day rather than spread them out over the week, though admittedly, I sometimes have a treat in the week too, if I have done a lot of exercise. I usually go over by 500-1000 on a cheat day, and occasionally over by 400 or so on another day in the week, but I am also under a few days, so it balances out. But then I am aiming to maintain, and not losing.
  • Jump1979man
    Options

You just said HIIT should be done everyday... now you're saying this. Both are incorrect.

Your a myfitnesspal "expert" spouting nonsense to others who are ill-informed.

Maybe you should try bodybuilding.com or muscleandstrength.com but then again your "expertise" wouldnt be able to stand up to reality.
  • Jump1979man
    Options

What if the cheat day is called a high intake day and it is a scheduled part of the diet plan?

CHEAT days are usually considered to be eat whatever you want days.....which includes fatty, high calorie, etc, etc.....I wouldnt confuse a clean food, high intake day as a CHEAT day in the typical sense of the term.
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    Options
    I just cheat on major holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentines Day, etc). Otherwise I'm on my diet.
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    Options

I haven't had any problems with cheat days...If you keep them few are far between it shouldn't have any negative effect. If you cheat every day on the other hand....
  • oliviachandler
    Options
    I don't necessarily have a cheat day. Maybe a cheat meal here or there, but I try and plan it at least a day in advance. That way I can still somewhat stay on track of my daily goals. Although, I won't ever sweat the small stuff if I go a little over. You need balance in your life and a cheat meal or cheat day won't kill your weight loss goals. You'll just have to work a little harder in your exercises the next day! :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Don't do cheat days/meals, I eat everything in moderation and within my calories!!!! :bigsmile:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I have cheat days on the weekend but honestly, it's keeping me the same weight...no weight loss. I am screwing myself over:sad: ....