arrgghh! I gained 8 pounds!

Options
Hi I got laid off and since I have been home I gained 8 pounds, I am trying so hard to loss it, its seems like I am so hungry all the time, I know I shouldn't be but I am! So I'm going to try to start jogging again now since I have the time. Wish me luck!

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I gained 7 whiel on vacation so I feel your pain! Just think though, now you have the time to dedicate to really making some big changes:happy:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I feel your pain too. I have gained also. Now I am back working hard to get it to go away again and get back where I was. Good - Luck to both of you
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of down time in the evenings when I get off work, so I've learned that the trick to not stuffing my face with crap I don't need is to keep busy. Clean, mow the yard, go for a walk... anything to get you moving, even if it's not conventional exercise! That way, you get two benefits: you're not sitting around doing nothing and you're not eating! :flowerforyou:
  • Italian
    Italian Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    go for walks or go swimming or something that way you wont be just sitting at home all day long :)
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    go for walks or go swimming or something that way you wont be just sitting at home all day long :)

i was laid off for two months and its when i actually lost most of my weight! (not all 32 lbs, but of the weight i've lost recently):wink:

because i was going NUTS not doing anything, so i forced myself to take the dog for walks every day, in the cold and snow. but it works. get up that motivation sister, and take advantage of the time you dont have to spend at work, then if/when you go back, you can shock them with how awesome you look. :drinker:
  • hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other comment about keeping busy! I know that I get bored when I am home on my days off so I try to keep busy with laundry, cleaning, etc and that seems to keep me from eating too much. I know its easier said than done though! =)
  • Zephyr36608
    Options
    I have a lot of down time in the evenings when I get off work, so I've learned that the trick to not stuffing my face with crap I don't need is to keep busy. Clean, mow the yard, go for a walk... anything to get you moving, even if it's not conventional exercise! That way, you get two benefits: you're not sitting around doing nothing and you're not eating! :flowerforyou:
    I agree, this works for me too..yardwork, cleaning, etc...:flowerforyou:
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    :explode:

As everyone says, KEEP BUSY! :drinker: .

You'll be fine.:flowerforyou:
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've been trying to keep busy in the evening, that is my most trying times of the day, I just want to eat and eat, Just walking the dog at night and not keep junk food in the house I am already down two pounds!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: woohooo good for you :smile: