Frozen Reeses protein cups..

Options
Picola1984
Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
Loads of similar recipes over the net for these frozen treats but hey, here's mine

7ab9ef50.jpg

Blend chocolate protein powder, low fat Greek yoghurt, good quality cocoa and optional some other chocolately sweet stuff. I used Hershey's light syrup

Pour into silicone moulds, I used 4 heart shaped ones. Only fill a third of the way up. Freeze for 30 mins. Then smear on some no crap peanut butter, then freeze again. Finally top with the rest of the mix.

Mine are 126 cals each and 10 grams of protein

I'm not been specific with measurements as its pretty straight forward, you just need a thickish yet runny mix.

They taste freakin awesome and no where near as much sugar or other gubbins in as the real thing.

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    These look frickin' amazing. Legend!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this would work blending chocolate protein powder with some chocolate gelato or coconut milk ice cream instead of yogurt, for those of us who are dairy-free. That looks amazing! Also, almond butter.
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    <3
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How much of each ingredient?
  • HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Definitly going to have to try that! Yum! Thanks!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    umm? how are they 126 calories when 1tbsp of pb is just well over 90 calories :laugh:
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    That looks so yummy....Thank you for sharing that!!
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Looks great! Definitely going to try at some point...
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow these look.good ;)
  • Picola1984
    Options
    umm? how are they 126 calories when 1tbsp of pb is just well over 90 calories :laugh:

Ummmm because the mix made 4 as you can see in the pic, and I didn't state how much peanut butter I used anyway

And here is the ingredients amounts for the person that asked

recipe.jpg
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this would work blending chocolate protein powder with some chocolate gelato or coconut milk ice cream instead of yogurt, for those of us who are dairy-free. That looks amazing! Also, almond butter.

Whoops, by gelato, I meant sorbet!
  • Picola1984
    Options

Yeah dairy free works fab for frozen desserts, I normally use light soy or almond but I tend to alternate milks. None dairy will be creamier as well.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I may have to make these SOON. Wonder how they'd do with PB2? cut the calories down even more (not that it's bad to begin with) :) LOOKS DELICIOUS!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    those look dynamite
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Yes please!
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sassafrass1981
    Sassafrass1981 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I need to try these. Peanut butter and chocolate is my crack.