Do you burn more at the gym than MFP says?

Options
2»

Replies

• kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone but I am more so talking about while doing aerobic classes...not the machines because I know those are off ha ha ha
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think I always burn more than MFP says, but less than what the machines at the gym say.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's actually the other way around for me. The HRM always give me a lower reading then what MFP says I have burned. I never trust the MFP calories burned because they're always so far off for me.

Yes, sadly my HRM gives me much lower calories burned than what MFP says.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It's actually the other way around for me. The HRM always give me a lower reading then what MFP says I have burned. I never trust the MFP calories burned because they're always so far off for me.

same for me - sometimes MFP will estimate almost double what my HRM shows..... I would be careful taking MPF estimates...
  • Everyone burns a different amount of calories and different heart rates. Whether you are using a heart rate monitor or MFP, they both calculate your caloric burn by the data you put into it. If you really want to know how many calories YOU burn specifically, I would suggest doing a Metabolic Assessment. Then you can really utilize the features of your heart rate monitor to the most of its ability. You can go to www.newleaffitness.com to find a testing location near you.