Finally serious about improving health. Newbie!

Options
gassenav
gassenav Posts: 7 Member
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Vanessa, 28 years old, work in a library and am going to Grad school. I've always been slender my whole life but have started to gain some weight over the past few years due to my love of fatty foods and beer and as a result have a "beer belly" and larger thighs now. The only plus about this is that I'm finally a "C" cup! :laugh:

I've also started to have some stomach/health issues due to my unhealthy food and drink choices, so I'm looking to start eating healthier and exercising so that I can tone up as well. I still plan to have my treats every now and then and figure it won't hurt me as long as I maintain a healthy diet and exercise overall. I'm pretty clueless about eating healthy and exercising so I'm eliminating certain foods and drinks from my diet and cutting back on other things. I'm also going to try to incorporate fruits and vegetables into my daily diet. I'm planning on starting the 30 Day Shred today and will do that for the next 30 days as my exercise routine. I'm also planning on taking pictures before I start the 30DS and after.

I've been reading all your stories and am so motivated by each and every one of you! I know I can stick to healthy food choices! I just need that motivation and to make the right decision.

Please feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I understand about learning this stuff. I'm new to this as well as I'm coming out of some health issues and looking to take my health back. Good luck meeting your goals.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It sounds like to me you are off to a great start! I know that discovering what to eat can be confusing at times... especially when there are so many fad diets out there. Feel free to add me if you like! I don't know everything by any means, but I am an ex yo-yo dieter and for the past year I have been trying to teach myself what true health looks like. Best of luck to you!