30 pounds lost, size 6!

Options
Hi Everyone!
I just thought I would share my personal NSV, and a bit of the story behind it.

After around a month of dating my boyfriend, he went shopping and bought me some new clothes. However, guys are not the best with picking sizes and he didn't know mine, so he bought what he thought I was. He bought a size 6 pair of shorts for me.

Now, at this time I was actually a size 14. When you're 5'5 and a size 14, and you have a boyfriend who has never had a weight problem, it's a bit hard and embarrassing to admit what size you are, so I replied with my standard answer to the question being, "I don't know what size I am~" and it ended up with me getting a 6. This was in July.

I began to diet and exercise at the end of March, and I am now able to fit into the shorts. I have gone from 181.6 to 151.8. I have a little bit to go before I reach my goal of 135 I am extremely happy with my progress thus far.

Sorry I don't have a before picture of the shorts, but they wouldn't even go on so I didn't really want to take a picture LOL.

151shorts-1.jpg?t=1338141122

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    congratulations..feels good doesn't it.
  • bethagon
    bethagon Posts: 18
    Options
    Wow!
  • kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Funny you post this because I recently lost 30 lbs and my size 14's started to get a little snug and I refused to go into size 16's (I spent most of my life as a large girl even at one point hitting 275 lbs) and I have started fitting into size 10's. I want to be a size 8 so I have a little bit to go too. Sorry to steal your post lol but it is nice to see someone else that is going through exactly what I am going through and it is a great feeling isn't it?
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! And those shorts look great.
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations.
  • MamaMouseA
    MamaMouseA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is the most awesome story! Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great job! You must have been so excited to put those shorts on, they look fabulous on you!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I just thought I would share my personal NSV, and a bit of the story behind it.

After around a month of dating my boyfriend, he went shopping and bought me some new clothes. However, guys are not the best with picking sizes and he didn't know mine, so he bought what he thought I was. He bought a size 6 pair of shorts for me.

Now, at this time I was actually a size 14. When you're 5'5 and a size 14, and you have a boyfriend who has never had a weight problem, it's a bit hard and embarrassing to admit what size you are, so I replied with my standard answer to the question being, "I don't know what size I am~" and it ended up with me getting a 6. This was in July.

I began to diet and exercise at the end of March, and I am now able to fit into the shorts. I have gone from 181.6 to 151.8. I have a little bit to go before I reach my goal of 135 I am extremely happy with my progress thus far.

Sorry I don't have a before picture of the shorts, but they wouldn't even go on so I didn't really want to take a picture LOL.

151shorts-1.jpg?t=1338141122

WTG OP!!!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME!! Congrats on your NSV!! Sometimes they are the best ones. :)
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Such an inspiration!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! Same weight as me, that inch and different shape make all the difference! Size 10 here! LOL! You look fabulous.
  • kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    How did you post the pic?
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! :) Keep at it till you reach your UGW and remind yourself how far you've gone!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Great progress girl ~

Don't stop there either!

Keep the healthy habits up and maintain your size or even go a tiny bit smaller (size 4 is healthy but anything lower may not be because of your height.)

It does feel good, doesn't it? Your boyfriend is a sweetheart for being thoughtful and doing that for you. Who knew it would motivate you to being more healthy, huh?

Keep it up! :flowerforyou:

~katie
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    wow! you look great! congrats!!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look so good!! I'm 5'5 too, started at 165 and now 151.4, we're almost exactly the same height and weight! Haven't been shopping in a lonnng time but I would be ecstatic if I was a 6 as well.

I started with a goal of 135 too but ultimately I would love to be 125.

Congrats on yor success, that's fantastic! Please add me if you want some extra motivation and support from someone with similar stats
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I too started at a size 14 (refused to go 16 but probably should have been) and am down to a 8. Can't wait to get to a 6. Great job and thanks for the story!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations! That a big loss. Good for you!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Wow what a victory!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!