Workout Videos

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for workout videos? I'm just curious and I want to try something new...

Replies

• AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's 3o day shred , but bible and Jackie Warner's power circuit training and I have found all complete workouts on you tube :)
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks! i'll look into them
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Some people love Jillian Michaels. I hate her with a fiery passion and won't do her workouts. Too hard on the knees and too hard on large breasts.

My preference is Beach Body workouts, particularly programs by Debbie Siebers and Chalene Johnson.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I used to hate doing Jillian Michaels workouts. They were too intense when I first started working out, but now I love them. I have Yoga Meltdown, 6 week 6 pack, Extreme Shed & Shred, 30 Day Shred, & Blast Fat Boost Metabolism. Other than that I have some Billy Blanks Tae Bo Bootcamp, Biggest Loser Cardio Max, Dancing With The Stars (Don't like this one.) and another hip hop dance one that I love (can't think of the name though right off hand.). I also have some pilates videos and some more tae bo videos, but I don't have a VHS player anymore. Oh and we also have P90X.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Some people love Jillian Michaels. I hate her with a fiery passion and won't do her workouts. Too hard on the knees and too hard on large breasts.

My preference is Beach Body workouts, particularly programs by Debbie Siebers and Chalene Johnson.

Have you tried the slim in 6? Am thinking of trying something new x
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    Bob Harper's videos are great. Go to mytrainerbob.com and you can order them for $5 each. You can also go to collagevideo.com. They are all workout videos. You can read a description and even watch a short clip to see if it is something you would like. I have ordered all of Bob Harper's videos and have ordered lots of workouts from collage over the years.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv ..... thats what im doing
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Any Leslie Sansone DVD is great too!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Crunch workouts are good, and Dance Off the Inches...I also like Leslie Sansone and Bob Harper. There are tons of workout vids on Netflix, if you have it...Crunch, Dance Off the Inches, and some 10 and 15 minute workouts, yoga, and pilates....
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are looking for. I swear by Beachbody programs. I've seen the most results with them. I currently own Chalean Extreme, Insanity, P90X, TurboFire, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, and Supreme 90 (thats not a beachbody one though) ... If you are lookig for cardio and to lose weight i HIGHLY recommend Turbo Fire, although starting with Turbo Jam is smart b/c basically the moves in TF are based on the elite 11 movies in Turbo Jam ( and you can get Turbo Jam on Amazon anywhere from 8-20 bucks.). If you are looking for all around fitness and strength and to tone, I'm currently doing p90x..i used to HATE Tony Horton but now I kinda like him ..and i'm already seeing results 3 weeks into it. Havent tried Insanity yet! I do own 30 day shred, personally I need something a little more upbeat and I dont really like Jillian Michaels anyway. I found that doing the same thing for 10 days in a row was a little too boring for my taste, even if it is only 25-30 minutes. I'd rather work out longer and enjoy it.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like the ballet based workout DVDs. There's Cardio Barre, Ballet Body, NYCB Workout, and Barre Method.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Jillian also has one called No more trouble zones, just strength and restistance training for about 45 minutes. I like it a lot. Also she has one that focuses on legs and bun, Killer buns and thighs, its a mix of strength and cardio and really nice as well.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    zumba and billy blanks tae bo i love at the moment!!!
  • bestrdh
    bestrdh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love any of Chalene's workouts. I find her very motivating and the workouts are a blast with awesome music. I'm also doing 30DS but find Jillian Michaels extremely boring along with the "robotic" background music. I also have P90x but again very boring. It seems like for me, the music either makes it or breaks it, if that makes sense.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I cycle through:
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds
    Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies 2
    Bellydance: Fitness for Beginners (Fat Burning & Basic Moves)
    Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For results: The abs diet workout 2 (strength training section with dumbells). It kills me way more than Jillian RI30.

For no dread factor, fun, inspirational: Anything by Ellen Barrett. She has an amazing energy, and many of the moves are pilates and dance based. Her ending stretches feel wonderful Crunch Super Slim down pilates and Crunch fat burning Pilates are my favorites.
  • biancamcewan
    Options
    I use the Kettleworx Kettlebell Workout DVD's. Kettle bell's do your core, resistance and cardio in one. Cardio for fat burn, and resistance for tightening and toning. I currently use a 2.5kg Kettle bell (you can buy them from most sports stores), then going to work up to a 4kg Kettlebell. Its only 25min and it changes the shape of your body quickly, I love it :smile:
    I also do a Yoga DVD once a week, which i like to improve flexibility.
  • aliciagudino
    aliciagudino Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tae bo! I like it because I am impatient when it comes to exercise, I can't do the yoga and pilates and stuff. Tae bo is fast paced and a lot of jumping around/kicking/punching. I do the basic one and even by the end of it, 20 min or so, I'm sweaty and feel like I did a good round. Depending on your exercise level, there are more advanced onces. Good luck!
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    bump
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump