time span of weight loss

Options
I weighed myself today and lost 4lbs and I started 9 days ago; is that normal or not?

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    It's not abnormal. However, it will likely slow down as your progress. The first few weeks are generally when we see the biggest drops :flowerforyou:
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    way to go!! the first week i also lost like 4-5 lbs, dont get discouraged because it's probably just water weight and your body is just adjusting to the change! keep it up!
  • baughana
    baughana Posts: 10
    Options
    That is awesome. I lost 2 my first week and 1.5 this week. I was feeling that was a little fast, but i have really cut back my calorie intake from what my body was used to.:smile: I just need to really focus during the weekends, that is my downfall:mad:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My first week I lost 11lbs, so you know I had ALOT of water weight. It will slow down don't get discouraged when that happens it's healthier to lose it slowly rather than fast. Also you will hit plateaus along the way, that's okay too. Everyone usually does.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!