Coffee

Options
So I'm sitting at work with not much to do, and I am thinking about The Coffee Bean &Tea Leaf, and how wonderful their carmel ice blended drink is, its only 200 calories for this certain one i get.

what do you guys do when you have a coffee craving like this one?

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I drink coffee with creamer every morning.
    I satisfy cravings. Portion control is key.
    200 cals can be burned off by a nice walk later today.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Only 200 calories? Not bad..........

How does it fit into the rest of the day's calories, fat etc.?

If it doesn't blow everything, I say go!
    Enjoy this kind of treat only once in a while.

That's why this website is so great....
    helps us do some "juggling" to keep dieting FUN! :laugh:

Happy Friday!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    [

I do the same - sugar free vanilla. It takes care of my coffee fix
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    I wish I had one of those stores by me. I love there iced coffee drinks tons of calories but so yumi
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I give in once and awhile & get something like that at Starbucks but I usually just make my favorite coffee drink at home. I make espresso with milk & lite hershey's syrup to make a cafe mocha, sometimes hot but lately iced. Only 80 calories. :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    [

I do the same - sugar free vanilla. It takes care of my coffee fix

Meeee tooooo!
    International Delight Sugar Free French Vanilla
    YUM-O!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have a regular cup of coffee in the morning too, but no sugar and one tablespoon of flavored creamer. Its only about 47 calories and I don't feel like I need much more.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I get an americano (brewed espresso) and add half & half.
    Only about 40 calories or so with nice creamy texture.

No sweetener needed, since I'm so sweet already! LOL! :laugh:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I know you are at work, but when you are home you can make iced coffee yourself with a drink shaker, ice, regular brewed coffee (cooled down) and the flavored creamers you can buy :) Less calories....and still tastes really good.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee adict and use to drink it by the pot. But I've learned to cut back by making espresso drinks. For me, the stronger the coffee taste, the less likely I want a lot of it (although it is no less enjoyable, more in fact). More recently, I couldn't afford to buy Peets anymore, so I learned to roast my own (there is a whole group of people in the US who roast in popcorn makers). Now the flavor is out of this world, and I don't need to add much to it. I use a Saeco machine (which is like an espresso machine but with a lot less hassle). Each cup is 4 oz of coffee and 2 oz of Soy milk = 33 calories. I drink it once to three times a day which means that the boost to my metabolism is spread out (at least that is what I hope is happening).

If you're interested in roasting your own coffee, just to go sweetmarias.com. It's everything you want to know about coffee roasting and cupping (name of how one judges the taste of coffee from one bean to the next, like wine tasting). I started because I was broke, and needed to save money. Now I do it because it just tastes sooooo good.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    So I'm sitting at work with not much to do, and I am thinking about The Coffee Bean &Tea Leaf, and how wonderful their carmel ice blended drink is, its only 200 calories for this certain one i get.

Drink water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and walk around for a few minutes and let the craving pass:bigsmile:
  • THMMPR
    THMMPR Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to brew a 4 cup pot of coffee every morning and I mix it with my chocolate protein powder. No added sugar and a little bit of milk. I get a mocha like drink and my coffee craving taken care of in one. Plus an added 22g of Protein. Go skim milk and you have virtually no fat and moderate calories. It is also a great appetite suppressant.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my morning cup of coffee, don't ask me to. The bonus is I drink it black so no calories there.

I am of the thought process that if you deny yourself something you are more than likely to cave and all good work is gone for not, so have that iced coffee, maybe see if a skinny version is available. We all need a treat once in a while. :drinker:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I gave up caffeine in January. I thought I would miss it but I don't at all. My kids used to say not to talk to me until I had coffee. They didn't think I could do it.

Now I drink hot water with a wedge of lemon in the morning and herbal tea in the evening. At least now I don't want any of those sugary drinks I used to want
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've cut way back on coffee. I work nights, and I used to drink a TON of coffee. I still have a cup once in a while.

I drink it black so there is no calorie penalty for me.

A few months ago, I was driving through Waterbury, CT at about 2AM. I stopped at a DD to get a cup. I asked for coffee black. I guess she didn't understand.

I was back on the road before I took my first sip. Cream & sugar. :grumble: