Egg Beaters?

Options
MrBinkerton
MrBinkerton Posts: 109
Hello eveyone.

Just a question for anyone who has tried egg beaters?

Are these good? How do you cook them?

I got these little cups of them, so not the pint size I also saw at the store. They are like little serving cups of the egg beaters. I want to try them for dinner tonight with an english muffins and cheese.

Does anyone know if they are good? Any recipe suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time :)

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    we used to use egg beaters at the restaurant i worked at for omlets and scrambled eggs they tasted the same to me and no customer ever knew the difference. broccoli omlets using egg beaters are actually soooooo good. if you like broccoli:smile:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I use them to replace eggs in practically everything. Cakes and cookies and muffins raise a little more and are a bit more gooey but for sandwiches and scrambled/omelets they work really well.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I've eaten them before ... and I enjoy the taste. I would love to also know if they're healthy for you. I hope so ... you've got me craving your supper. I might have to do that tonight too. :happy:
  • nightmistresskittie
    Options
    I like it better then normal eggs, and you cook the exact same way with it.
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    I have just started eating Egg Beaters and I like the taste. I have never tried them before a couple of months ago and I like the taste. I did get a name brand at the grocery store, since I was trying something new. I doubt it makes a difference though.
    I think you will be pleased with the taste. :smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i like them :love: i scramble them up with some onions and add a wedge of laughing cow cheese. it gets all melty and gooey and DELISH! :love:
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    :smile: Wow!

Ok, now I am excited to try them out tonight!!! I was unsure what people thought of them, but your responses are very positive!

I didn't even think about cooking with them, thanks for the suggestion!!

Maybe I will also get the pint size then to use for cooking. Cause I really do like regualr egs, so i am pumped if they taste the same

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • mkemp1968
    mkemp1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been eating egg beaters for years when I was on a low fat diet. I am still eating them today and usually make omelets with them - you can add just about any veggie to them and they taste great.

I also use them to substitute for eggs in all my baking. The recipes come out great.

Give them a try - I think you'd like them!
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    I love them!! Especially with whole wheat english muffin and reduced fat cheese, so yummy. I generally get the all whites one but have had both and like both. Omelets are awesome with them. I like a southwestern type omelet with low fat mexican cheese blend, salsa and hot sauce. OOOHHH....I'm making myself hungry. :smile:
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    i like them :love: i scramble them up with some onions and add a wedge of laughing cow cheese. it gets all melty and gooey and DELISH! :love:

I :heart: Laughing Cow Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    YUM!!!

Thank you for all of the suggestions! The positive feedback is great and I am glad I chose to give them a shot at the grocery store. I am excited to try them!

Thanks again!
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    They taste just like regular eggs. I like to scramble them with sone fresh tomato and bell pepper then add some low fat part skim mozz. cheese and put it on a low cal english muffin. They are great
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

I :heart: Laughing Cow Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    meeee tooooo! :love:
    try it with the egg beaters ~ super good! i add it in right away. it takes a bit to melt, but once it starts it just blends right in. i like the plain flavor the best for the eggs, but i am pretty boring sometimes! LOL!
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    I love to make an omelet using them, I use different veggies, but try sauteing spinach first, then cook the eggbeaters and and spinach and fold into omelet. Top with non-fat or reduced fat feta cheese. YUM.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I use the SW eggbeaters. I use 1/4 cup and microwave it 1-11/2 minutes on high. I pur it on a toasted Thomas's lite english muffin with 1 slice FF american cheese. I eat this for any of my meals.
    gail