New Rules of Lifting For Women, 1 Month Results

Options
MamaWannaRun
MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
The scale didn't move as much as I had thought, but I'm super excited with my measurement progress. I started in January. Back in February, my Body Fat % of 39.5% and weight was at 167.6.

Initial goal: Try to 'move' somehow every day.
I do the New Rules of Lifting Program for Women 3x a week, and do cardio of some sort 3x week.

Here's what I found after 1 month (more or less) of since starting the New Rules of Lifting program.

(inches)
Bust - 40.5 > 39
Waist - 34.75 > 33.75
Hips - 38.5 > 37
Thigh - 22.5 >21

Body Fat 36.9% > 34.5%
Fat Mass 57.2 > 51.8 pounds
Weight 154.8 > 150.2 pounds.

I was feeling pretty dire before I did my measurements and body fat. I am PROOF that the scale is not all that matters and that lifting DOES help! woot woot!

Replies

• lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    woot woot is right. sometimes we just need to toss the scale aside and go by how we feel.
  • Misha41810
    Misha41810 Posts: 22
    Options
    *wOOt* I just ordered NROL4W and am super psyched to hear from someone that is seeing results! Best wishes in obtaining your goal :)
  • LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    Those are incredible results, especially body fat percentage drop. Congratulations!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Incredible results!!! Congrats!!!!:bigsmile:
  • next_bold_move
    next_bold_move Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a copy of this on-hold at the library. So glad to see it's working for you. Are you following the diet as well as the lifting routine?
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    great job! keep up the good work.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Nice job. GREAT results. Congrats!!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about picking up NRfLFW and with these results I am even more motivated! Thanks!
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have the book and would like to start, just too embarrassed of walking into the Man Cave at the gym and looking like a fool reading my workout and attempting to do it. :(
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    oh and sorry, I meant to congratulate you!!! those numbers look great!!!!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have the book and would like to start, just too embarrassed of walking into the Man Cave at the gym and looking like a fool reading my workout and attempting to do it. :(

Please don't be afraid! It's just a matter of doing it. At first you may feel odd but after a while you will get over it.

I hired a PT for 2 sessions for squats and deadlifts which helped tremendously with embarrassment and form issues.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am doing that program too and seeing good results. = ) Thanks for sharing.
  • MamaWannaRun
    Options
    thank you all... you have no idea how much I truly appreciate the feedback and kudos from all of you!

and to my friends who are just starting and maybe aren't too excited to go into the gym. I took my book with me, but BEFORE I did the exercises at the gym, I tried them out at home so I could get the gist of the exercise! (yes, without the weights, I just made sure I could bend or move in the right direction. I also checked my form and double checked it. The prone jack knifes took a little practice (as did most everything) but honestly, the dudes at the gym basically ignore me, so the 'dread' was really all in my head.

Another thing that worked for me was printing the workout sheets and listing the exercises out ahead of time so i could mentally prepare for what I was going to do. I also put my workouts on a calendar so I knew what to expect when...

If anyone of you are starting out, check out the NROL4W group on here. They have it broken into groups so you can ask questions and post about your progress by Stages. The awesome women have even posted links to youtube videos where you can watch the exercises using the right form.

And, if you want encouragement, feel free to add me! I welcome new friends on this journey!
    THANKS AGAIN!
  • MamaWannaRun
    Options
    I have a copy of this on-hold at the library. So glad to see it's working for you. Are you following the diet as well as the lifting routine?

I am sticking to the 'basics' of the diet and trying to keep my calories aligned with the suggestions. Some of the recipes are better than the others. I do like that they give you some carb options! I've even made the Protein Cheesecake. I also religiously drink a protein drink on my lift days. I prefer the Myoplex Chocolate ready to drink with 42 grams of protein. I admit, I do NOT eat the salads, just not a lettuce kind of girl..
  • MamaWannaRun
    Options
    woot woot is right. sometimes we just need to toss the scale aside and go by how we feel.

I am so addicted to my scale. This was a huge 'lesson' for me. Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement!
  • MamaWannaRun
    Options
    *wOOt* I just ordered NROL4W and am super psyched to hear from someone that is seeing results! Best wishes in obtaining your goal :)

I hope you will keep us posted on how it goes. It took me a good 6 weeks to read and re-read the book before I was ready to 'start'. I really appreciate your encouragement. It means a lot!
  • MamaWannaRun
    Options
    Those are incredible results, especially body fat percentage drop. Congratulations!
    Incredible results!!! Congrats!!!!:bigsmile:
    great job! keep up the good work.
    Nice job. GREAT results. Congrats!!
    oh and sorry, I meant to congratulate you!!! those numbers look great!!!!
    Awesome! I am doing that program too and seeing good results. = ) Thanks for sharing.

Wow, THANK YOU ALL! This is why I LOVE MFP! You all rock! You have no idea how much I appreciate your encouragement, support and feedback. If I can ever return the favor, PLEASE just ask! Also, feel free to add me if you are in need of another friend who is out there slugging thru this everyday! AGAIN, THANKS!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great program. I'm interested in trying it. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats, those are great results in 1 month! My current weight and BF% are almost the same as yours when you started so this is very encouraging to me! I'm half way done with the book except for the menus and exercise pages and I am sooo anxious to get started this week.

I recently cut out wheat and processed foods. I feel so good, feel full longer, not obsessing about food like I was, I'm sleeping better, and have lost 4 lbs. I'm going to start keep a food journal again so I can make sure I'm getting enough calories and protein, etc to keep up with this program. I'm beginning to embrace the "eat more to lose weight" mentality. It's hard to grasp because we've been brainwashed for so long to stay at 1200 cals or less.

I'm going to go for the 3x wk schedule. I came across this article yesterday. It's long and I've only skimmed through it so far. I'll read it in full this week. Looks pretty interesting and encouraging for us newbies to lifting.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/train-like-you-mean-it-girl.html
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    MammaWannaRun, I just noticed our ticker starting and goal weights are the same. Do you mind my asking how tall are you? I'm 5'1".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!