Help! Atkin's question

Options
purple_tux1
purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
So I've just started the Atkin's diet today. I'm doing Induction, which means 20 grams of carbohydrates/day.

Ok, so when I put eggs into MyFitnessPal, it comes up with about 1 gram of carbohydrate/egg. Am I supposed to be counting these towards my total carbs for the day? TIA.

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    So I've just started the Atkin's diet today. I'm doing Induction, which means 20 grams of carbohydrates/day.

Ok, so when I put eggs into MyFitnessPal, it comes up with about 1 gram of carbohydrate/egg. Am I supposed to be counting these towards my total carbs for the day? TIA.
    I don't know anything about that diet, but one egg contains around 0,4 g of carbs, so i'd say no, except if you plan to binge into a henhouse
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I only did Atkins for a short time but if I remember you count every carb. So if eggs are 1 then you would count that toward your daily total. That is how I did it, maybe that is why I failed. :0)

Eggs do have carbs in them, eggbeaters have more. So do most sausages and processed meats as they add filler. Not saying don't eat them as Induction is not fun just eating the same basics but you need to account for those as well.

Good luck, hope it works better for you then it did for me.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yes you do need to count it. Since you are only allowed 20 grams a day then every gram definitely counts (I've read all the Atkins books and did Atkins a few times).
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, I did A diet many years ago and actually lost weight. But....I felt horrid. So I switched to South Beach, which is more moderate carb, and I continued to lose weight while feeling better :) Now I just stay away from processed carbs, and watch the total percentage, it works for me :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you should count all carbs from wherever. Our eggs in the UK say zero or trace of carbs so I don't count them but maybe yours are different.