I'm thinking of taking up Kickboxing...

Options
I've been very stressed for a while now, particularly because of work-related issues, especially pertaining to my boss, who I am getting increasingly frustrated/angry at when it's been a bad day and when I get really angry, the only way I feel I can get it out is by doing something physical (and at the moment I think I may end up taking it out on him physically if it gets much worse). I used to do it when I was younger before I had all these problems and found it to work well for me on both the physical and mental side of things.

I have a couple of problems with my right knee and both of my ankles that I'm going to hopefully get looked at first before I start doing anything so I don't damage them further, but it occurred to me that I wasn't sure how I would log this. It'd be an hour long session once a week, incorporating sparring, pad work, ground work (when I last went we'd do like a warm up cycle which did all of that combined with things like press ups, sit ups etc), general self defence stuff and the like. There is a cardio one for it already which says is includes turbo jam, though I have no idea what that is or how accurate it would be for it, or would I just up my activity level, or something else?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I calculated mine out. Like 20 minutes calisthenics, 20 minutes kickboxing, 10 minutes bag work.
  • mrsb102
    mrsb102 Posts: 16
    Options
    I do kickboxing 2xs a week right now.. I love it, but gee, it wears me out half way! I am trying to push myself into going 3xs.