I'm losing weight, but not seeing a difference.

Options
I've been running for most of the month of May, and a little before that and I have been eating properly, getting lots of exercise, so on so forth. It seems to be working, and my scale says I'm losing weight, but I'm not really seeing a difference. Especially in the stomach area. Is it just me? Or is it too early to judge the difference?

Replies

• forthespiderqueen
    Options
    You might just be losing weight in a different area (ie inside/legs/arms etc). Or it might just be water weight you have lost - you didnt say how much..
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I lost about 15 lbs before i started to lose my stomach, it is normally the last fat to gand there is no way to choose where your fat will burn first. Keep at it and it will come!
  • maxmondays
    maxmondays Posts: 3
    Options
    Oops, sorry. I've lost about 7 pounds so far.

Oh ok wgpjim, if it sometimes takes that much to notice a difference then I've got a ways to go I guess. I just imagined it would slowly come off all parts, instead of certain parts last.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    I guess depending on how much fat you already have on your body it could come off 5 lbs into weight loss or 30 lbs in, just keep dieting and running it will come off eventually, good luck
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I have lost 27 pounds and am just starting to lose in my stomach. I have really lost in my face (I just found a picture from right before I started my new journey), my feet and hands have also gotten smaller. My upper arms also lost their wings. I am hoping that since I have lost all the other stuff, the last 9 pounds I have left to lose comes off my stomach. Good luck on your journey!
  • ilias_alk
    ilias_alk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maxmondays, I am exactly like you.. healthy eating habbits, and running 4 times a week for 7 miles since the begining of May and I've lost about 6 pounds.. My belly fat is almost unchanged, but I realized that my legs are getting a bit thinner.. So keep up the good work and results will follow!
  • Gimpdogg
    Gimpdogg Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try looking at your face and around the neck that's always the first to change.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Try looking at your face and around the neck that's always the first to change.

First to go for me !
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Try photographs so you can actually see yourself from a different perspective. I honestly couldn't see that much difference in myself until I took a progress photo and compared it to my "before" photo. Wouldn't hurt to do that once a month to document your progress.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds since Junuary and my stomach was the last place to go :( Just now the fat is finally starting to come off the stomach.
  • LiberatedJenn
    Options
    If you haven't already, take "before" photos. I didn't realize how much weight I had lost until I looked at my "before" pictures.

It's really motivating, especially if you are like me and need some motivation that you can SEE. I even posted the pictures on the fridge. Helps me to think twice before overeating or eating too late.
  • FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    My neck and boobs have shrunk, and my legs have got very skinny compared to the rest of me. My belly? Not so much. Still have bingo wings too. I'm consoling myself with the fact I am starting to see muscle definition in my legs and biceps, and having faith that my stomach will shrink as I lose more weight...
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    took almost 50 pounds for me and others to notice a difference. Keep it up it will show soon!
  • marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    In a lot of cases, cardio will tend to shed weight all over, and not in just one area. It's WONDERFUL that you've been doing so well and it doesn't mean you shouldn't do cardio, because it is a great source of shedding those pounds, however try adding some strength exercises in your routine. You can look some up online, or do it at the gym.
    Strength and cardio training together will give you that toned body you seem to be craving.
    Good luck! <3
  • giadatje
    giadatje Posts: 59
    Options
    I agree with the others, take picture before and after. They can be very motivating :smile:

I will also suggest you to take your measurements. The scale can be tricky. You might lose fat and gain muscles. Result: the scale won't go down or will go down slowly. But measurements will tell. I lost 5 pounds so far (in 2 months). What keeps me motivated is the fact that I lost 3 inches around my waist, 1 inch around the hips, but actually 1 and half on my tights. I can't see from the pictures (others can) and I can hardly notice it from my pants (they still stay up). But it keeps me focus and motivated :glasses:

Good luck with your journey!