Hungry at Work

Options
Brenna
Brenna Posts: 126 Member
Any helpful hints? I feel like all I do is walk back and fourth to the fridge which is waaaaay too conveniently placed next to my office. I would guess that I am not really that hungry, but I find myself always heading that way to look for something to snack on!!

I hate to say it, but I think this is the ex-smoker in me saying that I just need something to keep me busy..

Any encouragement or ideas is welcomed!! Happy Friday everyone!

Cheers to some self-control!
Brenna:drinker:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am assuming the stuff you get from the fridge is your stuff? Don't stock it. Aside from what I am having for lunch that day there is nothing of mine in the fridge at work.

Bring snacks and plan them out. Tell yourself you can have a snack around 10am and 3pm, that way you'll look forward to them rather than constantly munching.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It helps me to plan meals, snack and what time I am going to eat. Then when I think of eating, I can just remember my plan.
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use a half stick of sugar free gum. If I am still hungry after 30 minutes of chewing it -- I eat some small (100 cal or less) snack.

Just remember the manners Mama taugh you -- lips closed -- and no bubbles or snapping if someone else is in earshot.:drinker:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I use a half stick of sugar free gum. If I am still hungry after 30 minutes of chewing it -- I eat some small (100 cal or less) snack.

Just remember the manners Mama taugh you -- lips closed -- and no bubbles or snapping if someone else is in earshot.:drinker:
    I chew gum at work too. I am a fidgeter so it keeps me busy without eating. Also keep a large water bottle there, I constantly am drinking out of it.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been bringing in a HUGE zucchini out of my garden. I slice or chunk it and eat it raw. I can munch on it all day and not feel guilty. Maybe even dip it in some hummus! Yeah, people at work are always like, "You're eating again?!?!":laugh: