Half way There!

Options
JJs25th
JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
I debated about posting this since compared to many I don't have much to loose -- 25 lbs total. But it wasn't the amount that spurred me to do this. In fact I have kept it rather quiet because most that I have told react immediatly with "You look fine!". It wasn't even the fact that my BMI had slipped into the "Overweight for height" catagory. But when my Doctor said my blood pressure was 170/110; and prescribed medications accordingly...somethings had to change.:noway: :sad:

This site came recommended by a friend. Thank you Maura, :flowerforyou: it has been a blessing. I am working harder at exercise -- always a difficult one to fit into my schedule, and portion control. The quality of what I have always eaten was nutriously good, but I was amazed at how the amount per portion had crept up in size on me -- literally! :grumble:

But things are really starting to pay off. I started in April, and I am now over my half way point. In one and a half more pounds I will have lost a little over 10% of my starting weight. My BP meds dose has been cut in half. I have taken several pairs of favorite pants to a very good taylor. I no longer need the extenders in my bras. And on vacation I bought the next size down in pants and in bra cup size.

Halfway there! It feels great! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    OOO OOO WE'RE HALF WAY THERE! OOO OOO LIVIN ON A PRAYER

had to do it- CONGRATS!:drinker:
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    :smile: Concrats on being half way! I just started end of June and hope to be half way by September. I'm trying to lose weight I gained after turning 40. I'm just not as active as I used to be. Seeing the numbers and getting to eat more when I exercise has helped alot.
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    TAKE MY HAND AND WE'LL MAKE IT I SWEAR ooooo LIVING ON A PRAYER!!

Thanks, i love that song!:laugh: :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I debated about posting this since compared to many I don't have much to loose -- 25 lbs total. But it wasn't the amount that spurred me to do this. In fact I have kept it rather quiet because most that I have told react immediatly with "You look fine!". It wasn't even the fact that my BMI had slipped into the "Overweight for height" catagory. But when my Doctor said my blood pressure was 170/110; and prescribed medications accordingly...somethings had to change.:noway: :sad:

This site came recommended by a friend. Thank you Maura, :flowerforyou: it has been a blessing. I am working harder at exercise -- always a difficult one to fit into my schedule, and portion control. The quality of what I have always eaten was nutriously good, but I was amazed at how the amount per portion had crept up in size on me -- literally! :grumble:

But things are really starting to pay off. I started in April, and I am now over my half way point. In one and a half more pounds I will have lost a little over 10% of my starting weight. My BP meds dose has been cut in half. I have taken several pairs of favorite pants to a very good taylor. I no longer need the extenders in my bras. And on vacation I bought the next size down in pants and in bra cup size.

Halfway there! It feels great! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I think that's awesome! :smile: Congratulations on the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou:
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    hey, its still hard to loose, no matter how much you've got to loose. Bravo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!