what a difference!!!

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I ate subway yesterday...to say the least i wasnt pleased ...all i ate was a 6inch sub on wheat bread with ham spicy mustard lettuce and pickles...no mayo, no cheese, and I also had a bag of baked lays... I calculated it out on here...410cals!!:noway: well today i thought i was treating myself for lunch I made a chicken thigh with some skin on it (and we all know chicken thighs arent as good for u as chicken breast meat) but anyway ...then i had half a serving of white rice followed by a cup of boiled spinach...I am stuffed and I ended up only having 279cals!! ...I guess this chicky wont be getting subway again unless im forced between that and mcdonalds

Replies

• hasiangirl
    oh yea not to mention nutrion wise i bet the lunch i had today had way more of a variety than the lunch i had at subway,,,
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    oh yea not to mention nutrion wise i bet the lunch i had today had way more of a variety than the lunch i had at subway,,,

I hear you with the Subway food! I got turkey on flatbread, which was over 6.00 and didn't even fill me up! :grumble:
  • Isn't the difference incredible?!?!

I have never been one to eat at fast food places so subway was always my option. I'd much rather have more food for my calories than waste them on cr*ap.

Hopefully, we all learn from these little mistakes.

:happy:
  • hasiangirl
    Isn't the difference incredible?!?!

I have never been one to eat at fast food places so subway was always my option. I'd much rather have more food for my calories than waste them on cr*ap.

Hopefully, we all learn from these little mistakes.

:happy:
    haha yepp yepp...i deff feel more satisfied now than i did yesterday
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    I prefer to go to Jimmy John's they have what they call an unwich made with lettuce instead of bread. It tastes so good and it saves you in calories. The bread at subway is the part thats highest in cals. Try making your sandwich into a salad next time and you'll see a big difference or if you get the bread get the plain italian it's lower in calories that the wheat. :glasses:
  • Aww I love the turkey breast on WW at subway, with cheese and mustard... around 320 calories :) But not everyone likes stuff there I guess :)
  • hasiangirl
    Aww I love the turkey breast on WW at subway, with cheese and mustard... around 320 calories :) But not everyone likes stuff there I guess :)
    oh dont get me wrong I love their food!!...its just 410cals versus 279 and im gonna guess i had way better nutrients go into my body today with the chicken and spinach maybe not so much the rice and then i still have enough cals where i can add a fruit in a little bit and that 410 was without mayo or cheese :cry: lol although i did have a bag of baked chips but still lol
  • Speaking of food. I love my job sometimes. I just had a baggy of FRESH Rainier cherries (blsuh variety) delivered to me at my desk. I work at a federal gov agricultural research station. Love it!!

Yummy!
  • hasiangirl
    Speaking of food. I love my job sometimes. I just had a baggy of FRESH Rainier cherries (blsuh variety) delivered to me at my desk. I work at a federal gov agricultural research station. Love it!!

Yummy!
    ymmm cherries *drools*
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I got the oven roasted chicken on flatbread the other day from Subway and it was WONDERFUL!!! Under 400 calories too!!!!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Speaking of food. I love my job sometimes. I just had a baggy of FRESH Rainier cherries (blsuh variety) delivered to me at my desk. I work at a federal gov agricultural research station. Love it!!

Yummy!

No kidding! I love working here. I have a bag of cherries on mine too! And I love the fact that the woman that brought them started with the statement "are you sick of Cherries yet?" Who gets sick of cherries? OK I have gone through about 4 bags of them already but still... :laugh:
  • Speaking of food. I love my job sometimes. I just had a baggy of FRESH Rainier cherries (blsuh variety) delivered to me at my desk. I work at a federal gov agricultural research station. Love it!!

Yummy!

No kidding! I love working here. I have a bag of cherries on mine too! And I love the fact that the woman that brought them started with the statement "are you sick of Cherries yet?" Who gets sick of cherries? OK I have gone through about 4 bags of them already but still... :laugh:

:laugh: Hilarious, that's what she said to me too!! Just an indication of how many we actually get to eat here at work not to mention in this great Valley. LOVE the Okanagan! Seriously!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday I had a piece of grilled chicken some brown rice [if the bistro express variety lol short on time] and green beans, and the whole thing was less than 300 cal i was pleasantly surprised!
This discussion has been closed.