Going Over and Frustrated

Options
13»

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I never complete my daily food diary becaise it seems that I go over my caloric intake everyday and it annoys me. I have only eaten twice today and Ive pretty much reached the limit. Its only 5 pm and I know I will eat again and probably have a few cocktails, so am I going to lose weight with such a pattern? I am working out but only about twice a week, which I know is not enough. But as far as my caloric intake...I need more!!!!! Thoughts?
    Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? Yes, eating salads and fresh whole foods is more expensive than eating Del Taco but in the long run, you'll end up paying one way or another!

I've just completed my third full week of MFP. Started out just counting calories, starving myself, really. When I actually examined the overall nutrition data, I was floored! So deficient in so many areas! Now, thanks to Google info and then shopping at Trader Joe's, I'm rockin'! Many days I'm adding here and there to get to my 1200 (today didn't count--special event). If you're able to view my diary, have a look at what I'm eating now vs. what it was around May 8th. I'm eating ALL DAY LONG! And I'm meeting my body's needs without vitamin supplements!

In a nutshell, try to get away from processed things and look for unprocessed things: fruits, nuts, and veggies! Before, I was having a quesadilla for lunch. Done with it in a couple of minutes. Still hungry. Now: I have a steamed potato with soy cheese (and salsa), which takes a much longer time to eat, is much more satisfying, and is much better for me!

My tips: frozen grapes, blueberries, or yogurt drops. Can't mow through them like chips. Hand-to-mouth satisfied. Appetite satisfied. Also, regarding salad dressing, you need less than you think you do. Take your lettuce and put it in a large mixing bowl and then mix in only 1 TBSP instead of 2. You'll be surprised. Be well!

I agree, Trader Joe's is amazing. And actually, eating healthy food made at home is way, way cheaper than fast food. I feed my family for less than $2 a meal per person. Can't do that any other way.