Hungry!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No wonder you're hungry, 1260 isn't much at all!
    I started out at over 200 pounds and lost weight very steadily eating around 1500 - 1600 cals a day (plus what I burnt exercising).
    So, there's every chance that you don't need to be cutting calories so drastically in order to lose weight.

To answer your actual question - the suggestions to eat fruit, veggies, soup is all good.
    I also like boiled eggs, almonds, home made muesli bars or savoury muffins, hommus and veggie sticks, grainy toast with pb or sliced tomato for snacks.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the ideas! I plan on trying all of them! 1260 is low and i burn more than half during my workout, then im starving right after! But is a safe amount of calories? Im looking for one high enough to help me burn fat but not so low that I'll go into starvation mode. I was told that 1200 was high enough not to, but im starting to think i am.

Eat the calories you burn. You will lose weight and have energy. (1260 + exercise calories= full tummy and energy to spare)
  • msjoinail
    msjoinail Posts: 9
    Options
    On average with workouts I burn over 800 calories. Yesterday it was 1300. So I increased my intake 2000. I like the my exercises so im not going to alter them. Hopefully I can stay full and still lose weight
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    fill up on water through the day and try sugar free jellys if you have little cals left x :bigsmile:
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    I'd be climbing the walls at 1260. Figure out your BMR and start with that. You won't gain weight at your BMR and you'll be much happier
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal seems way too low to me. Is that the number MFP gave you?
  • msjoinail
    Options
    yes thats the number they gave me to lose 2lbs a week. Its not working though...even burning the amount of calories I do the scale hasnt moved.
  • msjoinail
    Options
    I'd be climbing the walls at 1260. Figure out your BMR and start with that. You won't gain weight at your BMR and you'll be much happier

My BMR is 1671. Is that what I should be aiming towards for my caloric intake?
  • robkin99
    robkin99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As I understand it, calorie intake below the BMR will result in weight loss. MFP gives me 1250 to lose 2 lbs. a week, but my BMR is around 1700 or so. I try to eat a minimum of 1250 but always stay below the BMR, giving me the calorie deficit. I've been dropping 1-2 lbs. a week fairly consistently. When I stop dropping, I make sure to get a day in of higher calories (1700) and it gets me losing again. By the way, if you're hungry a lot, make sure to get protein in each meal. I lean towards egg whites..low cal, high protein and quite filling with vegetables.
  • msjoinail
    Options
    Do you know your BMR and TDEE? Just curious bc 1200 calories seems low. If you a hungry you may not be eating enough. Always aim to eat above BMR! Hope this helps you sweetie!

my BMR is 1671 and my TDEE is 2705...Which do I choose?
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Start with your BMR and if you do any exercise eat those calories back.