Binge Recovery!

Options
What is the best way to recover from a binge eating day?? I consumed double the calories I was supposed to hehe.

Replies

• ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    move on as usual
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, start over tomorrow. Try it workout as much as possible today to offset the binge if possible, if not, move on.
  • Jessmiloo
    Jessmiloo Posts: 25
    Options
    I agree with the above. If you can add a workout in yet today, then that will help. Otherwise, move on and do better tomorrow. One bad day will not kill your overall goals.

It's a journey! :flowerforyou:
  • misspersimmon
    Options
    Yep, move on. If I experience days like this, I want to make extra sure I don't shame myself or make a huge deal out of it. I just tell myself I love myself, ride the day out, and hop back "on track" the next day. I don't like to work out strenuously the next day to offset it, just because I don't want to get into a binge/purge or punish relationship with food.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to recover from a binge eating day?? I consumed double the calories I was supposed to hehe.

Don't do that. Learn. Stick with your program. Move on.
  • leahayliffe
    leahayliffe Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yes Im not being to hard on myself.. i know its bad to make excuses but i only had a 3 hour sleep and had to work all day so i think that has something to do with my lack of control! A little delirious ! Tomorrow I am back on my clean foods diet and exercise routines :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Tommorow is a NEW Day! Get over it and move on.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yep, move on. If I experience days like this, I want to make extra sure I don't shame myself or make a huge deal out of it. I just tell myself I love myself, ride the day out, and hop back "on track" the next day. I don't like to work out strenuously the next day to offset it, just because I don't want to get into a binge/purge or punish relationship with food.

This. One of the hardest things I'm teaching myself is that food and weight are not punishment. They just happen. Even after the last three weeks which have not been good I'm not punishing myself. I'm just holding myself more accountable wih my choices. I'm dlong it to be healthier not necessarily skinnier. (though I want that side affect too!)