Would wearing a dress to the zoo be out-of-place?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
We're gonna take the kids to the zoo tomorrow for Memorial Day and it's suppose to be pretty hot, high of 91 I think. I've never really worn dresses before but I was thinkin since it was gonna be hot tomorrow it would be a good choice, like a casual one nothing dressy. My husband says that would be weird. Thought?

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I don't think so; you're visiting the place, not working with the animals. It's not that different from walking around a park. I've worn a dress to the zoo, I have seen others do the same, and it's not a big deal. Now if it's skin tight and you're wearing heels, you're probably going to stand out a bit.
  • jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    wear it. you look awesome. they'll all b jealous
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sun dress type? It would be ok .
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Not at all. There are lots of really nice sun dresses (and sun hats) available that will help you stay cool and comfortable while you stroll around.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No it wouldn't be weird lol. I'm trying to find a long skirt (one that goes to my ankles) to wear this summer. I think it will be nice for hot weather. It will shade my legs from the sun but be breezy.
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    a casual dress and flats or a nice sandal is MOST suitable
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think a nice relaxing summer dress would be fine!
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We were at our zoo just a few weeks ago and saw lots of women in dresses.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Couldn't really say without seeing the dress, but in general no, there's nothing weird about that. Wearing a dress doesn't necessarily equal "dressed up". Some people only wear dresses/skirts, you know. I think your husband may be picturing something different than you have in mind.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I wear casual dresses almost everywhere, so I see nothing wrong with it!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    A summer dress would be cute & comfy at the zoo. Now if your talking more like a dress for church a little dressier I would say no. Have fun . I love the zoo.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Or maybe he's jealous because dresses are great for hot weather!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I think you could wear a burlap sack and no one would even notice it. :flowerforyou:
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    a sundress would be nice, like a jerset knit or cotton, something that breathes. i wear dresses all summer long. the only thing i ever need to consider is if the activity against the length of the dress i wear! lol....like park with kids has to be at least knee length or all the lil kiddies are gonna find out where babies come from if a breeze comes up at the right moment! lol
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I went to the zoo today. Wear whatever you will be comfortable in and prepare for a lot of walking. Have fun!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about a cute sundress or something like that, I think it would be fine. If you're talking about something dressier, I think that might be a bit weird....but hey, wear what you're comfortable wearing and if people don't like it....too bad!!!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Not at all!!! Would not look weird lol
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love how a woman looks in a dress, especially a sundress for casual. That said, of course it wouldn't be out of place.

Now if I wore a dress to the zoo or anywhere else... yeah that would be weird except in Scotland.
  • Andilulu
    Andilulu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've never NOT worn a dress to the zoo!
    Have fun :)
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all. Little sundresses are comfy and a great way to stay cool. Nice breeze.... :laugh:

No harm in lookin' cute while you walk around the zoo.