Banana Bread (114 calories for a cupcake sized muffin)

Options
gypsybree
gypsybree Posts: 218
3 large ripe bananas
1 cup of sugar (use half a cup of sugar plus half a cup of a sugar substitute to get the to 114 calories)
1 egg
4 tablespoons butter or margarine melted and cooled
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon each salt and baking soda.

Oven @ 325 degrees F.
They say to put in a loaf pan and cook for 55-60 minutes.

We did the muffins for 45 minutes.
Usually I just use a rectangle cake pan and it's anywhere from 35 minutes to 45. That's why I check at 30.

I always put vanilla in, about a tablespoon cause I like vanilla.
I use half a bag of chocolate chips but you can decrease or increase or omit as you please.
Same with the nuts.
And I use self-rising flour so the baking soda and salt is omitted as well when that's done.
I also use half and half nevella and sugar.

**With the chocolate chips, if you make 24 muffins its 114 calories, 4 grams of fat, 2 protein, 10 sugar and one fiber.
Without the chocolate chips will be like no fat and alot less calories and sugar.

The bestie says its 3 weight watcher's points if they're made with all real sugar. with all splenda its 2 points. that's all without the chocolate. 2 cups of chocolate chips in the mixture jacks them up to 4 points.
I do calories and she does points.

And like I told her the texture is soooo much better with all sugar but its so much better calorie and diabetic wise to cut the sugar and use a substitute.

I am going to make avocado and banana bread tonight, I'm just going to add one whole advocado to the mix seeing as my bananas are relatively small. I think I'll throw in a scoop or two of the herbalife protein powder as well, to jack up the nutritional content just a bit.

Replies