Need a good scale!!

Options
My scale SUCKS. I have to flip it a few times to get it to give me my actual weight...and at that point I haveto step on it multiple times jus to double check.

Anyways, I need a new one. Does anyone know of any good ones that last a long time? Preferably ones I don't need to put batteries in. I also like a digital screen and numbers that are pretty exact (like reads 142.1 rather that rounding to the nearest pound)?

And how much does it cost? (avg price range) Where can you get it? prefer to not order form online but if thats the only place ou know of it being please let me know anyway!

Thanks!!

Replies

• gettin2fit2quit
    Options
    I don't know if there is a Target around you or if you could order this online somewhere, but search for the Taylor brand. I have the taylor digital glass scale. It was 15 dollars at target, is digital and is amazing. Lol
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Go to Target and get a simple "Taylor." :)))))
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada!!! No traget -_- it sucks. Soooon though
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    I got mine @ walmart and it does everything you said you wanted it to do. I have had mine for 1 year and hasnt died yet. It also has a thing on it where you can record your weight from the previous time you weighed yourself. (you can record up to 2 people). if you lost weight it will tell you on the part where it says how much you weigh, how much you lost. (0r if you gain it will tell you how much you gained) you dont always have to do that though you can just simply weigh yourself and not do any fancy stuff. :wink:

It was like $20 i think cant remember.
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    oh i just read the previous post (must of typed it while i was typing)... can you order it online and have it shipped to you?
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Im getting this scale you guys are saying the other day my scale weighed me..6 pounds less and then stepped back on and it weighed me 6 pounds more and then six pounds less again all in less then 5 mins..my scale sucks i got it at walmart and i didnt have problem till a threw the box away of course so i cant take it back...thanks for this post.

oh and mine was the cheapy digital walmart ones..not one of the nice ones
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well, I"m not a Taylor fan. I've had two and they are both a piece of junk.

I have a digital Weight Watcher's scale. It's pretty good.

Here is the problem. Digital scales have built in memories. Evidently they do this because people got upset with the 2 pound fluxuation you can get with them. So . . . here is what I do: I keep a can of paint near my scale. I weigh it first. That seems to clear out the memory. Then I weigh. Pain in the butt but it seems to solve my issue. If I don't do it, it gives me my husband's weight. He always weighs before me.

Been through 4 digital scales. They all do the same darn thing. But, IMO Taylor is the worst. It was very inconsitent.

Also, make sure the surface is level. It won't give you an accurate reading if it's not. I hope this all helps you.
  • kmaddox1969
    kmaddox1969 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try Amazon.com they seem to have a nice selection of scales.

20. Taylor 7329 Low Priced Digital Scale with Non-Slip Mat by Taylor
    Buy new : $29.99 $19.88 ($0.27/oz)

57 new from $14.41

Get it by Wednesday, May 30 if you order in the next 43 hours and choose one-day shipping.
    (78)Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
    Health & Personal Care: See all 2,073 items 21. Ozeri Touch 440 lb Digital Bath Scale -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition Technology for 8 Personal Profiles by Ozeri
    Buy new : $129.99 $48.95 ($25.76/kg)

2 new from $48.95

Get it by Wednesday, May 30 if you order in the next 42 hours and choose one-day shipping.
    (203)Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
    Home & Kitchen: See all 4,249 items
  • akorbas
    akorbas Posts: 1
    Options
    I love my Withings WiFi enabled scale...it was a bit pricey on Amazon (like $159) but it updates automatically to the internet and measures your weight to a tenth and computes Body Fat/Lean Mass/BMI. There is an app too for the Android, iPhone, and iPad.
    I love that it updates my weight automatically to my Endomondo account which helps give a more accurate calorie calculation.

I also just got a Fitbit activity tracker and it looks like they have a pretty good scale too, the Fitbit Aria. Another plus is that the Fitbit updates my walks/runs automatically to myfitnesspal as exercise calories.

Good Luck!!!