Busy Moms with 50+ to lose

Options
AmbersWay
AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
I am mother of 3 from teen to toddler. I would like to lose 60 lbs, and I always need positive motivation.

Info:

36 years old
5'8
SW/242
CW/228 teeter tottering
Low calorie/portion control diet plan CLOSE YOU MOUTH MOVE YOUR FEET

I try to ride my stationary bike daily for 30 minutes at 20km/h min on a medium setting. I notice that if I don't do it first thing, it never happens. I find that I use house work as an excuse and that gets me off schedule.

I tend to get at least 8 cups of water a day and that's a challenge. I'm hoping with summer, it will get easier.

The community I live in focuses on food. Always entertaining, coffee mornings, brunch, lunch and dinner. That has been the cause of my downfall. I'm hiding until I am sure I can control my eating when tempted with so many choices of great treats.

I also have a pedometer I keep in my bag (purse) and that's been helpful to see how much I move my feet while I'm out. It's been a while that I've clipped in on in the house. But, I can tell you a few hour trip to the mall can get you 10,000 steps...

I love to cook and create new recipes and my children keep me busy.

That's my story and I don't plan on sticking to it...well except the diet and exercise...lol

Replies

• kristi89
    kristi89 Posts: 11
    Options
    :happy: Hiya im 22 i have a 15yr old step daughter a 3 yr old and a 7 week old so im also very busy i have around 60+ i wanna lose so feel free to add me and we can motivated eachother x
  • MzEbony985
    MzEbony985 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello I am a mother of 4 ages 8,7,6 and 4 plus I teach prek, I am looking to lose steady 40 pounds I am looking for.positive people to help me along, where I live they are very comfy with the extra weigh so the I need us not there feel free to add me thanks
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi. im 23 with a gorgeous 2 year old little girl :)
    i had alot of trouble when she was born, emergancy section, neonatal etc, and the weight just pilled on. i have 32 pounds left to go, but i have lost 25 so far, even tho mfp says its 14 (which is still good i will admit)
    so in total i had 57 pounds to loose.
    but iv hit a plateu as they say, weight has stayed steady the past few weeks. anyone who says its easier for big people to loose weight is lying!!!
    iv got slightly less to loose now than some but the support would be appreciated :)
    xxxxxxxxx
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Kristi, Congrats on your new addition to your family. It's great that you are already on track to lose the baby weight. My youngest is 3 and it's my excuse...lol so is my 10 yr old and 14 yr old...: ) ugh!

Ebony, I know the right kind of support is needed to help in weight loss. When I did lose weight after my son, I was with Ediets and I did their challenges. That really helped a lot, but it was time consuming. I don't have that kind of time right now.

Good luck ladies! We can do, just keep it going, even if you fall off the wagon! : )

I sent you both request...
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    MissaTaylor, I know what you mean, it's not so easy. I had a high risk pregnancy (bed rest) and the same with the delivery (turned out natural, against all other dr's recommendations) I know that leads to extra weight gain. Have you changed your exercise routine to help your plateau? Sometimes a free day helps me out of that, I use it to go out with the family. Enjoy something, I wouldn't usually have.
  • MzEbony985
    MzEbony985 Posts: 3
    Options
    What is Ediets?? Fill me in...:smile:
  • emmymgt
    emmymgt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a busy working mom of two kids (5 years and 10 month). I'm also a police wife...which means husband working odd hours with a lot of last minute changes.

SW: 192
    CW: 186
    GW: 140

I just sent you a friend request :)
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am mother of 3 from teen to toddler. I would like to lose 60 lbs, and I always need positive motivation.

Info:

36 years old
    5'8
    SW/242
    CW/228 teeter tottering
    Low calorie/portion control diet plan CLOSE YOU MOUTH MOVE YOUR FEET

I try to ride my stationary bike daily for 30 minutes at 20km/h min on a medium setting. I notice that if I don't do it first thing, it never happens. I find that I use house work as an excuse and that gets me off schedule.

I tend to get at least 8 cups of water a day and that's a challenge. I'm hoping with summer, it will get easier.

The community I live in focuses on food. Always entertaining, coffee mornings, brunch, lunch and dinner. That has been the cause of my downfall. I'm hiding until I am sure I can control my eating when tempted with so many choices of great treats.

I also have a pedometer I keep in my bag (purse) and that's been helpful to see how much I move my feet while I'm out. It's been a while that I've clipped in on in the house. But, I can tell you a few hour trip to the mall can get you 10,000 steps...

I love to cook and create new recipes and my children keep me busy.

That's my story and I don't plan on sticking to it...well except the diet and exercise...lol

I used to have a hard time drinking water too. until I found a cute thermos that holds 32oz of water . I fill it twice for the day and Im done. Its especially Ez to go thru the second 32oz right after working out. Youll actually find yourself craving water which sounds crazy I know but its true!
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new here too and I also have 50+ to loose. I have two jobs and two little ones at home. Add me as a friend if you would like. I would like the motivation to stay accountable. I don't have time to get to any meetings but I think this site will work just as good. Good luck!!
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im a new mom shes 9 mo i have over 70 to loose jus to get "healthy" but id love more im trying to eat right and i do my own circut traing most days shes just old enough to get into things so i have to watch her like a hawk so getting other things done can sometimes be a pain but im always looking for motivation and usally just some one to talk to i dont know any one where i live so i dont really get to talk to moms or any one but my spouces family but im looking foward to talking and watching all your progress
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hello!

Well, I have about 40 lbs to lose, so I hope I'm still welcome ;^)

I lost 100 lbs (on weight watchers) over a journey of 2 years. In the past 6 months life took some gritty turns and I gained 25 back. So, I'm getting back on the horse and making sure I don't have a total relapse!

I'm a triathlete, but cycling is my passion. I have three kids, 7, 6, and 3. I'm married, but my husband works in another state and only comes home ever 3-6 weeks for 1 week off. His job is brand new, he's only been gone 4 days :^(

Would LOVE a few friends. The only way I lost all my weight before was with my awesome support system. Unfortunately, since I've moved I need to build a new one. Glad to "meet" you all.

Remember, we CAN do this. Do it one day at a time and next week and the week after that and the week after that we'll be SO PROUD!
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was 7 months pregnant with my little girl when I found out that we had lost her. I so wanted a baby that I got pregnant again 5 weeks later and carried to term with a beautiful little boy. He's 7 months now and I find myself with extra weight from a desk job and 2 pregnancies to lose. I'm always looking for and willing to give support! Feel free to add me!

SW 229
    CW 216
    GW 140
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 40 year old mom to three kids ages 7-13. I have been at this for close to 2 months and have lost 12 lbs. My current weight is 215 and I want to loose another 72 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Ediets is an online weight loss program. You pay for them to make you diet and exercise program. You get the recipes, shopping list, and the community like on here. Similar to Sparkpeople (name?) although spark is free. I'm not interested in recipes anymore or the set up. I know enough now to plan my own means. MFP helps with keeping track of my calories.

Grubb, It's a challenge to keep up with the kids and take time for ourselves. At least that's how I feel : )

Maddi, Sorry for your loss. So happy that you are enjoy a sweet 7 month old. Those are the fun months :)

Chelsa, Wow! That's something to have your hubby far away. Mines busy with work, so it probably works out the same. My latest form of exercise is my bike (stationary) and I love it! I can put on tunes and zone out and roll! I don't get enough time though. Kids always wanting mommy! ; )

Embera, Yes, at that age you need eyes in the back of your head! I'm always chasing after my 3 year old :) I wish it burned more calories...lol Motivation and support is key to losing weight. After my second, I dropped 42 lbs and I really owe it to the people keeping going.

Brklyn, 2 jobs would keep you busy and 2 lil ones. I think this site is the place for you. I know that I plan on making use of it. I need the encouragement!

Lay, I also bought a 32 oz water and I'm on my first round right now...lol ugh! I do like water but just don't get enough some days..

Emmy, a police wife, my (ex) step dad is a police officer. I remember the chaotic scheduling. I also remember him leaving treats next to my pillow. I swear I would eat cakes and donuts in my sleep. I was a teen and could back then. I wonder if I still do that...ahahah! It's a great job and takes a strong woman to keep up the support that a man in that position needs. : )

I will try to check in on my laptop daily and blog. But, most of my input is done through my iphone (which is the handiest thing ever)

We can do this!!!
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Any one interested in starting a support thread? Ok, I'm still new to the community. I see we can start groups. I'll start one and invite you ladies...Let me know if you are interested and I'll get it started : )
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Mommy's on the Move! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6053-mommy-s-on-the-move

I started a group, if anyone would like to join. We all need the support.