Restaurant has NO nutritional information??

Options
So last night I had dinner with an old friend I hadn't seen in awhile. It was last minute and I was at the gym when we talked, so I suggested Sonoma Chicken Coop since it's near my gym and that meant I could work out longer. I assumed that I would be able to get nutrional information...So I had Grilled Salmon Risotto....YUMMY! ....When I got home I checked their website and no nutrition guide...ACK...So I tried nutritiondata.com, calorieking.com, & calorie-counter.net with no luck. So I have NO CLUE how many calories I ate yesterday.

Normally I wouldn't care--I haven't eaten out in months and have not gone over my calories once in 8 weeks--but I have a Baby Shower tomorrow at Pasta Pomodoro and a work dinner Tuesday night at an Italian place...And I can't find nutrition information for either of those places either......

Any suggestions for how to deal with this??????

Replies

9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Okay I did some searching and I think I could have found something similar to what you had maybe ?

Here is the addy. The info you are looking for is toward the bottom

http://stanford.wellsphere.com/healthy-cooking-article/glazed-grilled-salmon---easy-baked-risotto/102858
  • michelle42676
    michelle42676 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If these are chain restaurants (I am not familiar with the names, so I can't be sure) you might want to see if you can find a cloned copy of the receipe. Try to Google the restaurant and receipe name and see if there is something that comes up in your search there. While the recipe may not be exact, since they're attempting to get close flavor wise, it should be a good base to use for your nutrition data.
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    I would compromise the closest from what you ate ( if you had pasta with sauce at the restaurant look for a comparable item or restaurant.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :))
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    If all of the above efforts to find the exact nutrition fails, I look for other dishes added by members here whose description approximates what I ate and use that instead. In particular, I look for restaurant dishes from recognizable names, since I don't know what someone who made it in their own home used as ingredients.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love this site for restaurant info: http://dwlz.com/restaurants.html Unfortunately I couldn't find either of the places you mentioned but maybe this can work for you in the future...

We are headed to Sweet Tomatoes today and all their info is on their website, it's just the portions I have to worry about! :grumble: