How to fight the flabby bits!!

Hello, i just started my MFP journey on the 3rd may this year, lost around 5lbs so far from just walking, doing some Tiffany Rothe 10 minute workouts(mix and match a few of hers), but what im worried about is the flabby parts, once ive lost alot of weight, from going from fat to slim surely you will be left with flabby areas like under the upper arm or the lower tummy especially if you have had like 4 children(a pouch just above pubic area), anyone got any suggestions on how not to end up with flabby bits once the weight is gone??

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    I've read that building muscle/toning and regularly moisturizing your skin with lotion can help reduce the loose skin you get from a large amount of weight loss.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Drink plenty of water and incorporate strength training into your regimen. Reducing flab is simply a function of reducing overall body fat. The stomach area is the hardest for me to get rid of, but if I reduce my total body fat enough, eventually my belly will be gone too. If you drop the weight really fast, there can be the potential for saggy skin. I am focused on maintaining my lean body mass while reducing total body fat (plenty of cardio with regular strength training) so I am losing pounds more slowly. But, i'm dropping sizes so I know my work is having an effect on my body! So far no loose skin here.
  • I remember hearing something about every person having a certain number of fat cells which can increase if you gain a lot of weight. The cells themselves increase or decrease in size but you can't get rid of them... I just searched it to double check, hope it answers your question?

"Scientists once thought we could only grow new fat cells during certain stages of life, such as the first year and puberty. Now it seems we can create them as adults, too. If you’ve gained a lot of weight as an adult, you may have added to your store of fat cells. That makes it harder to lose weight because, once they've taken up residence in your body, fat cells never go away.

When a fat cell grows to about three times its normal size, it can divide and make new fat cells. How much fat a cell can handle before it divides varies from person to person. You can shrink the size of your fat cells but you can’t shrink the number.

If you have more than your fair share of fat cells it’s going to be more of an uphill battle for you to lose weight than for someone with fewer fat cells. That’s just how things work. But nothing’s impossible."
  • Drink plenty of water and incorporate strength training into your regimen. Reducing flab is simply a function of reducing overall body fat. The stomach area is the hardest for me to get rid of, but if I reduce my total body fat enough, eventually my belly will be gone too. If you drop the weight really fast, there can be the potential for saggy skin. I am focused on maintaining my lean body mass while reducing total body fat (plenty of cardio with regular strength training) so I am losing pounds more slowly. But, i'm dropping sizes so I know my work is having an effect on my body! So far no loose skin here.

Yea im also planning on losing slowly, i been walking to get the first few pounds off so i can begin to find it easier, and im starting the gym this week to do some circuit training, going to go about 3 days a week, and well done on your journey so far looks like you come a long way :D
  • I remember hearing something about every person having a certain number of fat cells which can increase if you gain a lot of weight. The cells themselves increase or decrease in size but you can't get rid of them... I just searched it to double check, hope it answers your question?

"Scientists once thought we could only grow new fat cells during certain stages of life, such as the first year and puberty. Now it seems we can create them as adults, too. If you’ve gained a lot of weight as an adult, you may have added to your store of fat cells. That makes it harder to lose weight because, once they've taken up residence in your body, fat cells never go away.

When a fat cell grows to about three times its normal size, it can divide and make new fat cells. How much fat a cell can handle before it divides varies from person to person. You can shrink the size of your fat cells but you can’t shrink the number.

If you have more than your fair share of fat cells it’s going to be more of an uphill battle for you to lose weight than for someone with fewer fat cells. That’s just how things work. But nothing’s impossible."

hmm well that sounds not very good haha :(
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I need to sleep.. I so read this as "flabby t*ts"
  • I need to sleep.. I so read this as "flabby t*ts"

hahahaha !!! maybe its just your dirty mind :P