I'M SO HUNGRY. Popcorn anyone?

CodyAnne
CodyAnne Posts: 20
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I was doing so well. I counted my calories for 3 weeks, and lost 11 pounds just cutting out the junk! But I've gained 5 back, having stopped counting for the last couple of weeks. "Today is a new day!" I said, so I'm counting again. Yay! Except that I've gotten used to eating more calories than I need, and now my stomach is growling for more. :grumble: I've had so much water today, that I'm literally jogging to my restroom every 45 minutes! I have enough calories left for dinner today (3+ hour away), and I really want to snack.

That being said, popcorn usually does the trick, and a big bag of light butter runs me about 100 calories or so. I don't mind going 200 or so calories over my daily goal, because I'm just starting to get back on track. I'm not out to beat myself up, but I do need to lose this weight! I'm thinking about grabbing a Special K bar (90 cal), and also have 1 oz. bags of Sun Chips (140 cal) as well as 200 calorie packs of Fig Newtons at my disposal. Perhaps not the healthiest of choices, but at least I'm not reaching for a bowl of ice cream, right? What do y'all munch on when you have the munchies?

Replies

• weirdean
    weirdean Posts: 3
    you know it sounds awful but when I am really tempted and just have to eat something I have celery and salsa. it actually tastes pretty good and has almos NO CALORIES.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    You may want to try some almonds or a slice of cheese with an apple. This usually will curtail my hunger. Good Luck! Think protein vs. carbs. for snacks. (Easier said than done):flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

Try sipping some green tea or chewing gum and keep busy!
    I LOVE the 100 cal bags of pop-corn..........string cheese or 100 cal english muffins with a little jelly etc

Good luck, kim
  • CodyAnne
    Celery and salsa is something I'll definitely try! I just had a stalk of celery and I'm craving junk food, haha. Eava57, I think I'll try the apple with some cheese. I looooove cheese :) Thanks!!
  • CodyAnne
    Thanks kimber507, I've written string cheese on my grocery list!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Big ol' handful of fresh bing cherries. Yummy, very satisfying to gnosh the cherries and spit the pits. 70 calories.

You're welcome :smile:
This discussion has been closed.