30DS first-timers! (June)

Options

Replies

• adamskidx
    adamskidx Posts: 7
    Options
    I have just ordered the DVD and look forward to starting it on the 1st June, it's my 17th birthday on saturday though :D
    I'm new to this site, so if i can work out how to do it, i will keep up with the posts! XX

Happy Birthday! I'm sure you can squeeze 20 minutes in before the celebrations! x

I WILL TRY :D
    and thankyouuuu xx
  • LindaLou252
    LindaLou252 Posts: 106
    Options
    I started on Friday, can barely walk haha, I still cant do a push up and hate jumping jacks lol but I'm doing it!!

Stick with it!!! :) I'm amazed how much I've progressed in a few short weeks! I couldn't do the butt-kick thingies forever! Once I did, though, I was so proud of me!! You CAN do it!!!
  • Jensaystoyou
    Options
    I just started it yesterday... I'm very out of shape and it was brutal. haha But I pushed through! I am also doing 3 miles of Walk Fit with it for extra cardio. I am trying to get myself fit as quickly as possible for health reasons... weight loss is definitely a HUGE goal but it is #2 to being healthy.

I am in for supporting one another because boy... I had to really mentally push myself to stick with it. haha

Haha, I'm a little scared now! I play volleyball once a week and run twice a week at the moment but that's it.. hoping a little every day will have more effect!

Thanks for the add! x

haha It sounds like you actually do some exercise so I am sure you won't think it is as bad as I do. I am also 228lbs and it doesn't look like you are anywhere even remotely close to that, so that will be a positive for you, too. It is always harder to do these things when you carry more weight. I managed through it, I am sure you will! :D
  • arlenejudith
    arlenejudith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred yesterday and it's my first time too!

I just stated it yesterday too! Also, we have the exact same weight loss goal and pounds lost so far!
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Im on my 6th day today, and it still kicks my butt! but I am seeing a differnece in my stamina, I am able to do each part longer than day 1 (about had to have 911 on speed dial on day 1 haha) Adding in extra cardio with it and loving it!

Wasn't able to do 30ds yesterday since we left super early to go swimming, when I got home I was soooo sunburnt could hardly move so getting back on it today, feeling better and going to do 30ds today extra hard to make up for yesterday!
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, I want to do it! I have been doing her beginner one since Easter, and even though I still can't do "real" push ups (I'm still standing leaning on the door), I think I need to move on. I will buy her 30 DS DVD on the first and a set of maybe 5 pound weights.

As a 30DShredder who is now on Level 2 and starting as a beginner... I highly suggest you, actually, start out with no weights, then progress to 3 lb weights halfway through and work your way up to 3 lb weights through the entire program. 5 lbs doesn't sound/seem like a lot, until Jillian gets ahold of ya! lol :) Just my 2 cents to save you some soreness.

Thanks for the advise! As I said, I've been doing the beginner one since Easter, and use 2 1 lb 12 oz cans of bush's best baked beans now. LOL I was going to post a new thread about the best weights to use. I saw at Wally World a boxed set of 2 JM DVDs that included a 1 lb weight for $10 that I might get plus the 3 lb ones and the 30 DS DVD.

Oh, I REALLY need to get a sports bra too. I have to hold the girls down by hand now for jumping jacks and jump rope, and that's hard.
  • mrsrobbo85
    mrsrobbo85 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im on my 6th day today, and it still kicks my butt! but I am seeing a differnece in my stamina, I am able to do each part longer than day 1 (about had to have 911 on speed dial on day 1 haha) Adding in extra cardio with it and loving it!

Wasn't able to do 30ds yesterday since we left super early to go swimming, when I got home I was soooo sunburnt could hardly move so getting back on it today, feeling better and going to do 30ds today extra hard to make up for yesterday!

Sounds great (apart from the sunburn bit!!). Keep going! xx
  • mrsrobbo85
    Options
    Oh, oh, I want to do it! I have been doing her beginner one since Easter, and even though I still can't do "real" push ups (I'm still standing leaning on the door), I think I need to move on. I will buy her 30 DS DVD on the first and a set of maybe 5 pound weights.

As a 30DShredder who is now on Level 2 and starting as a beginner... I highly suggest you, actually, start out with no weights, then progress to 3 lb weights halfway through and work your way up to 3 lb weights through the entire program. 5 lbs doesn't sound/seem like a lot, until Jillian gets ahold of ya! lol :) Just my 2 cents to save you some soreness.

Thanks for the advise! As I said, I've been doing the beginner one since Easter, and use 2 1 lb 12 oz cans of bush's best baked beans now. LOL I was going to post a new thread about the best weights to use. I saw at Wally World a boxed set of 2 JM DVDs that included a 1 lb weight for $10 that I might get plus the 3 lb ones and the 30 DS DVD.

Oh, I REALLY need to get a sports bra too. I have to hold the girls down by hand now for jumping jacks and jump rope, and that's hard.

That last sentence made me LAUGH! Don't do yourself an injury! xx
  • JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm starting June 1st too! I'm going to see if I can make a group for it, so it will be easier to stay in touch...
  • mrsrobbo85
    Options
    I'm starting June 1st too! I'm going to see if I can make a group for it, so it will be easier to stay in touch...

Great idea! Re-post the link.. x
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday, can barely walk haha, I still cant do a push up and hate jumping jacks lol but I'm doing it!!

Oh nooo.. haha! I can't do a push up either.. I guess i'll learn!! :D

I could never do them either! But I started doing an arm weight lifting routine (nothing major, 20 mins with 5lb weights) and after literally 2 weeks, I can do real pushups now :bigsmile: I think my total lack of arm strength was keeping me from.doing them. Now instead of my arms getting sore and wobbly, I can concentrate on keeping my body straight and core engaged. Hope this helps you!
  • ThatKirstyGirl123
    ThatKirstyGirl123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started just a couple of days ago! :) So, I'll be a bit further along when you start.
    But, it's wonderful! It get's easier; when I first did it, I struggled to breathe :P So unfit.
    Good Luck! :D
  • JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 69
    Options
    k, so I made a group and tried to send an invitation to everyone who posted to this topic. Let me know if it works!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5993-30ds-first-timers-june-2012
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    That's awesome! I just finished it for today...whew, it's a work out for sure!
  • mrsrobbo85
    Options
    k, so I made a group and tried to send an invitation to everyone who posted to this topic. Let me know if it works!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5993-30ds-first-timers-june-2012

Yes I got it, thanks! x
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have joined the group. My daughter (who is also a member of MFP) have plans to start this in a couple of weeks so you all may be ahead of us but it will be nice to know what to look forward to...LOL...or what to fear.

We are currently doing the Fast Track Detox and cannot really work out until we finish, so we will get started June 8th.

Have read so much and seen great before/after pics. Looking forward to posting my first success story.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I got the request but I had to decline :cry: I live in such an old apartment building. I can hear the upstairs toddler and cat walk around, I can only imagine how jumping jacks would sound to those underneath me at 9pm! (after work haha)
  • LindaLou252
    LindaLou252 Posts: 106
    Options

That last sentence made me LAUGH! Don't do yourself an injury! xx

Sports bra is a MUST!!! lol ;) I got my favorite one at Target!! I wash it pretty much every other day b/c it IS my favorite! Holds the girls together nicely and doesn't feel like I can't breathe! Made by Champion :)
  • liz0906
    liz0906 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm picking it up and starting today! I'm really excited! I've heard so much about it! Please add me so we can motivate each other!
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    add me please i have always started this at the start of every month but give up within 2 or 3 days! but i WILL do the full 30 days this time!!!