Don't go grocery shopping when....

Options
...you've just kicked out a 40-minute hard swim, haven't eaten in 3 hours, and need milk and bread for the morning's breakfast for the kids.

Those bulk bins with the chocolate covered stuff in them are my demise sometimes...

...however, tonight, when I plunked supper and my swim and my *whoops* snack into MFP, I came up with 7 calories left to eat.

So, what could've been disastrous turned out pretty good overall.

Still wouldn't recommend buying groceries after a workout, though. Too easy to slip!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree. Always go when you're not hungry. Since sweets are my downfall when I'm grocery shopping, I find having a little something sweet before I go helps make the tempting goodies at the grocery store a little less tempting.

I'm always starving when I come from the pool. Sometimes I can barely wait to get through the door I'm so hungry. :tongue:
  • cr122081
    cr122081 Posts: 3
    Options
    I totally agree with you...my downfall is also chocolate. And I also agree with the fact to never go to the store hungry. But I have another big problem, I work at a grocery store....so hard to resist the sweets when you are around them for 9 hours a day. So far so good though, I am really sticking to my diet and exercise plan. My main problem is my underactive thyroid. Also, do you know of anything I can do to get rid of my belly? Keep resisting those sweets, and you will win in the long run.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too this week! :laugh:

Trader Joe's is across the street from my gym. Other stores I go to are close by also.
    I was s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g the other day after a workout and needed to do some shopping on the way home.

I ended up buying a bag of cranberry, raw nut trail mix.
    Not too nasty....... but I ate way more than I should have. :grumble: