Birthday Cake

Options
Tomorrow is my son's 9th birthday and I don't know if I should have some cake or not. I have been on the first phase of the South Beach diet for two weeks and this is week three. I have allowed myself one 100% whole wheat mini bagel each day for the last 3 days but that's the extent of my starchy carbs. The party is at Chuck E Cheese so I'm thinking I'll just have a piece of pizza and some salad?

Replies

• bluehead
    bluehead Posts: 23
    Options
    Screw the pizza and salad. Enjoy a small piece of b-day cake.
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Screw the pizza and salad. Enjoy a small piece of b-day cake.
    I know, but pure white sugar makes me nervous.
  • bluehead
    Options
    Lots of things make me nervous. It's your son's birthday, enjoy the cake w/ him. Besides, Chuck E Cheese pizza is nothing to write home about. You won't be missing anything there.
  • yolie1220
    Options
    Lots of things make me nervous. It's your son's birthday, enjoy the cake w/ him. Besides, Chuck E Cheese pizza is nothing to write home about. You won't be missing anything there.
    I know, the pizza is kinda gross :laugh: I'll wait until tomorrow and just see how it goes.
  • bluehead
    Options
    Just don't over indulge. Goodluck and happy b-day to your son. Have fun...both of you.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I don't know....are you like me where once you taste it you can't stop?:noway: like an alcoholic?

I just made MFP cupcakes someone was talking about how to mix diet soda with a cake mix today.....each cupcake is like 87 calories. I tried the recipe & it works! too well I might add. Well I couldnt help it & I ate 5 of those blasted things. Now I'm mad at myself. I worked it off but never the less mad. I say just have 1 piece of pizza and take little itty bitty bites and then have a large salad with large icy water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: . So you don't feel guilty like me & throw all your hard work down the toilet:laugh:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    It was my husbands birthday today and I just had a small piece of cake. Tomorrow is our family reuniun and Im going to eat in moderation because we all know people don't bring good food there. :laugh: And when I'm full I will stop eating and that will be the end of it. Exercise more and I will be fine. :drinker: Celebrate with him. He will remember you having that piece of cake and enjoying that time with him.
  • yolie1220
    Options
    I don't know....are you like me where once you taste it you can't stop?:noway: like an alcoholic?

I just made MFP cupcakes someone was talking about how to mix diet soda with a cake mix today.....each cupcake is like 87 calories. I tried the recipe & it works! too well I might add. Well I couldnt help it & I ate 5 of those blasted things. Now I'm mad at myself. I worked it off but never the less mad. I say just have 1 piece of pizza and take little itty bitty bites and then have a large salad with large icy water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: . So you don't feel guilty like me & throw all your hard work down the toilet:laugh:
    That is exactly my problem! Glad I'm not the only one. I can't have just a little piece of cake, or one cookie, or one piece of chocolate. I will have a piece and then sneak another piece when nobody is looking. Then I'll feel bad for the rest of the weekend! :ohwell: I think no cake for me.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options

That is exactly my problem! Glad I'm not the only one. I can't have just a little piece of cake, or one cookie, or one piece of chocolate. I will have a piece and then sneak another piece when nobody is looking. Then I'll feel bad for the rest of the weekend! :ohwell: I think no cake for me.

I know I know....I almost blew it with those dumb leftover soda cupcakes this morning for breakfast since my family is gone "guy" camping....I had a slim fast instead.:tongue:

Good for you. Your son will be so busy having fun he won't even notice you didn't have any. :laugh: More for them right? Your doing so well keep up the good work. That's why were here right?:wink: Have a wonderful celebration day with your family:drinker: