What 110 Days Did to Me... (Lost a toddler & 30 in)

Options
Coach_Simon
Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
At the beginning of 2012 I couldn't bare looking at myself in the mirror. All I saw was fat here and fat there and I knew that something had to change. I was in NEED of a change, a huge change. Most of the clothes I had hanging in my closet didn't fit anymore, so I ended up wearing the same things over and over again. I mean that's not something that's really bad, but if you have so many other clothes but can't wear them, then that's bad.

16945623_673.jpg16945623_2286.jpg

Those pictures here are probably from when I was at my heaviest, at 339 pounds. Looking at them now I ask myself why I let myself go that far. I remember breathing heavy just getting up from the couch, something that should be an easy task. Over the course of probably about a year, I managed to lose 17 pounds, from which I gained about 5 pounds back. I was able to somehow manage that current weight for probably another year, and that's when 2012 rolled around.

Something changed and I was ready to do this. You know, really ready, not just, "Oh I want to lose weight today, but in the morning you want to stuff yourself with food again." Believe me, I had those scenarios before and they didn't get me anywhere. Anyway, I went to see what was out there and stumbled across MFP. The best thing that could've happened.

Compare-1.jpg
I signed up and started the beginning of February with a starting weight of 327 pounds as seen above. I was excited about everything, about logging my food but especially about getting moving, something I never thought I could get excited about. I worked hard to lose those pounds and about 60 days later and at 295 pounds, I looked like this:

16945623_7983.jpgNow5-1.jpg
I wasn't able to wear those black pants in the first picture for almost 5 years, so I sure was excited about that. I've had many NSV's over the course of only 2 months which made this journey even more worthwhile.

I kept on working hard and pushing myself further and was able to actually see results. I liked where this was going and imagined myself at the end of the year. It's quite amazing how clear you can see a picture once you get started.
16945623_975.jpg

Time passed and pounds dropped but I was still not able to button up my shirt. I knew I was getting there and I wasn't gonna give up. I wanted to fit into clothes that just didn't fit me anymore again. So I kept on pushing.

Suddenly there was a time where exercising didn't feel like it used to. I was unmotivated and it took more to actually work out and get it done. That phase went on for two weeks and even though I pushed myself to get it done and stayed under calories I wasn't happy with myself. I wasn't gonna give up, oh heck no. I had come too far already to ever go back again where I was. My friends on here have helped me through that and I realized that all I had to do was pushing through. It's easier said than done, but I managed to do exactly that. I'm still not as motivated as I was in the beginning about working out, but I can feel that with every new day, I'm getting a little bit closer to that. I enjoy working out again and try to do new things, even when it hurts.

IMAG0003-1.jpg
I'm now at 280 pounds and for the first time in 5 years I'm able to button up this shirt. That was yesterday and it was a fantastic feeling. I was a little bit disappointed that I couldn't see a difference from the above picture to the one in just black, until my wife pointed out that

1) Black is slimming

2) The black pants look really baggy on me now

and

3) My legs are slimmer and you can tell muscles when zooming in and I've lost some more weight in the face.

That definitely made up for it.

So yes, those 110 days have been good to me, and I'm looking forward to what is coming next. Until next time, when I'm slimmer and more muscular!

16945623_673.jpg 339 Pounds

Compare-1.jpg 327 Pounds

16945623_7983.jpg 295 Pounds

IMAG0003-1.jpg 280 Pounds

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Simon, you are truly an awesome inspiration to me and to every single one of your friends on here! I love seeing your progress, you are looking better and healthier in every successive picture. Keep up the amazing work!
  • Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    Your weight loss does show, congratulations! You look great!
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You're doing a WONDERFUL job! Congratulations & keep up the good work. I know exercise is hard, try and find some activities that require you to moved, but can also be enjoyable (I went on a beautiful bike ride today along one of the long bike paths, it was hard, but so beautiful I wanted to keep going). :-)
  • lampson1
    lampson1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Great progress! Way to stick with it! It's not going to be easy journey. Keep working hard and set little goals too to keep you motivated! As my husband often tells me, "Nothing worth while comes easy". You are starting to look younger in your pictures and the dress shirt you are wearing actually looks too big on you. Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures in the future! Great job!
  • SiBarber
    SiBarber Posts: 9
    Options
    I have to ask: Did you ever find the toddler?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Keep up the awesome work and it'll keep getting better and better!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Congratulations & keep up the good work. I
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You look so much more happy and your skin looks so healthy- not to mention all the weight you lost!
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    I have to ask: Did you ever find the toddler?

Actually no, I haven't lost the toddler. But the almost 50 pounds I did lose I never ever want them back!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! What a difference, and it's so nice to hear that you are FEELING better, too! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    Thank you very much, guys. This is such a motivator to keep on going and going and just never stop until I've reached my goal.
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    When you said you hadn't seen any difference from the pics wearing black or light clothes, I could only think "what?? how? His shirt looks baggy, his face is so much thinner, the difference is VISIBLE".

You've made fantastic progress, you're a handsome man, and I'm sure you'll be amazed and so proud of yourself when you've finished and look back at all you've done. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You got this buddy, everyone is right, you are AMAZING, and a tremendous inspiration to us all!! I have no doubt that you will reach your goal weight, you are a dedicated young man. Congratulations to you, you look wonderful!
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    Reading all those awesome feedback's sure puts a huge smile on my face. Thank you for making my day.
  • Angmad16
    Angmad16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. There isn't any word that can describe it better than that:) keep up the good work!
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    WOW your looking great...what an inspiration...congrats on your awesome progress...keep up the great work!!! :drinker:
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    Oh, and of course congratulations to all you guys too. Looks like you're kicking some butt as well!
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    This MUST be bumped for others to see!!
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! We started at almost the same time (I'm 105 days now). You're right about it being much easier after you get started. It's only up from here. :-)
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    First awesome job, You make me wanna work a lot harder lol also lost a toddler? What does that mean?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!