Walking in memory of my fiance Stephen

Options
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this..

I'm doing a 10k marathon on Monday in memory of my fiance Stephen who died 6 weeks ago of heart failure aged 25

If there's anyone who would like to sponsor me no matter how small, here's the link to my MyCharity page. All the donations will go to the Irish Heart Foundation. Thanks, Dani x

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/dani_grogans_event/

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. What it's his story? Did he have heart disease or something. It's so very young.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    He was fine til we were 19, he was walking to work on April Fools Day and collapsed, I took him to hospital and to cut a long story short it turned out he'd had a heart attack. He had a stent fitted in his left main artery and put on medication for life. He was told it wouldn't affect his length of life or quality of life and he didn't let it.

He was super sporty, he was in college studying Sports and Leisure management, played on both basketball and football teams, swam for a team.. didn't smoke and drank a few guinness at occasions..

His huge passion was football, and his dream was to have a baby. We had been together since we were 13

He did have to give up college for 2 years so as to give his heart time to adjust to the stent, and then the college wouldn't take him back due to risks. He was fine the night of the 12th April we went to bed at about 1am and I was woken to the sound of him struggling at 5.58am, called an ambulance and administered CPR but I couldn't bring him back

He was released from hospital on 13th April 2006 after the first heart attack, and died 6 years later to the day, on 13th April 2012

That's his story, as short as I can tell it

x
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    bless you umpin this because i believe its better than any of the other threads going right now!!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!
  • RoswaB
    RoswaB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's devastating! So sorry for your loss x
  • newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you're enduring but stay strong. It will get better in time :flowerforyou: Take care my dear.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    That's a great tribute to him!!! He sounds like he was fully living life and so must you. Sorry for the tremendous loss you and his family have suffered.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    That brought a proper tear to my eye and not many things are able to do that.
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    Thanks everyone, and thanks for the donations <3 x
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss! that's aweful to pass at a young age! :(
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    Did it in just under 2 hours thanks for the well wishes everyone <3
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Words can't express how sorry I am of your loss.
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss :cry:
  • Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I know what you're going through. My "hubby" passed july 29th. (hugs)
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I know what you're going through. My "hubby" passed july 29th. (hugs)

<3 you are like the future me. How did you get through this? I feel like I am in actual hell, does it get easier at all? x
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss...I've lost someone very close to me and it's an unimaginable pain. From your brief story, it seems like he was a very strong person who lived life to the fullest :)
  • teachermegan
    teachermegan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How awful. My best friend lost her fiance a year ago July. He was 29 and had an enlarged heart. Nobody knew until he died. My best friend was with him and also called an ambulance and did CPR on him. So much of what she is going through is the unimaginable grief compounded with post traumatic stress - reliving that night. So far it has just been her friends and family helping her through. She is pissed at the world and rightfully so. Finding other people who have gone through something similar is something she did that seems to be helping. She also sees a counselor once a week. She also works out like a maniac. My heart goes out to you.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Miss_dannii
    Options
    How awful. My best friend lost her fiance a year ago July. He was 29 and had an enlarged heart. Nobody knew until he died. My best friend was with him and also called an ambulance and did CPR on him. So much of what she is going through is the unimaginable grief compounded with post traumatic stress - reliving that night. So far it has just been her friends and family helping her through. She is pissed at the world and rightfully so. Finding other people who have gone through something similar is something she did that seems to be helping. She also sees a counselor once a week. She also works out like a maniac. My heart goes out to you.

I'm sorry for your friend :( I also relive that morning over and over, mostly when I am trying to go to sleep. I replay it in my head and imagine a different, better outcome. I also am so angry and bitter at the world. xxx