Ideas for dinner time meals??

Options
I'm looking for new ideas for meals i can have at dinner time, i live on my own now so no more mom and dad cooking! Ive pretty much used all of my ideas and ive become bored of the same old food.

Any ideas?

Need something where the ingredients are easy to find.

Thanks!

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Generally focus on protein with dinner, and I always keep chicken breasts and talapia fillets on hand.

Pre-grill some chicken breasts and you can have it on salad or in tacos for a few days.

You can also grill chicken and use a million different sauces to marinade with.....try the Asian foods section for tons of different sauces.
  • do4fit
    do4fit Posts: 23
    Options
    some favs of mine are:

Spaghetti squash (used as noodles) with a spaghetti sauce over it. super easy, healthy, filling and is good the next day too!

Taco salad w/ ground chicken or turkey (not a fan of beef). For some reason I find this super filling

Grilled chicken breasts with salad, or veggies

Make a stir fry, easy peasy. Just add desired meat, cook a little then add what ever veggies you find in your fridge. You can use herbs for seasoning or a sauce. Great for left overs as well.

Home made taco's
    Home made pizza on flat bread or a wrap!

Hope these help!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    tacos, meatloafs, chicken breast, salmon and veggies, brown rice and beans are some ideas
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I usually have zero time during the week so I make sure I have the following really quick ideas on hand....

- Frozen chicken breasts: I buy them in a pack then freeze individually. They can be defrosted in about 20 min in a bowl of warm water and you can do just about anything with them. Marinate & griill, broil and chop or shred up for salads, tacos, sandwiches, etc

- Frozen Veggie Steamer bags: a few companies make them and you can zap in the micro in a minute or two for a perfect sides

- Couscous: another fast & easy side and you can add in whatever is leftover in the fridge; protein, veggies, herbs.. whatever you got on hand!

- Trader Joes: they have many options for fish and protein individually frozer that are healthy options. Again, easy to defrost, fast meal!