Stretch marks. Will they fade?

I have a lot of stretch marks on my hips, stomach, and back... I'm in the process of losing weight, and I'm wondering if they'll eventually fade away once I've reached my goal and stop losing. And, if not, what can I do to get rid of them myself?

Replies

• jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Bump
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    I have them on my hips, and they've faded. They're not gone, but they're more of a silver line rather than red/purple squigglies like they were when they first appeared.

I'm also very pale, I don't know if that's a factor in the appearance.

I've heard there are a few creams that help remove them - my mom has a scar cream that works wonders that I'm considering trying. I don't know the name of it offhand, but if I can find it out, I'll send you a message!
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    mine are fading on my stomach, they kind of go silvery after that, unfortunately they don't all go away completely but you can't see them unless you look really close anyway so don't worry too much!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    I'm not sure there is anything that can be done outside of medicine that will remove them.

They do fade a lot to a point where they are barely noticable unless you are super close.
  • AlexCaleb
    AlexCaleb Posts: 1 Member
    I'd love the name of it too please!! Mine are a dark pinkish-light purple and I have very pale skin, I can't stand showing any skin at all.
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Yes. They fade. On my hips they have virtually disappeared. Mine on my stomach are HUGE from big baby boys. They don't go away, but they do fade. Please post the name of the scar cream, I wonder if it will work after 32 years....?
    :laugh:
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Oh, and ladies, at your age I worried, too, about how awful they looked, but your husband's a man who loves all of you and he really doesn't care. I have very fair skin, so the silvery marks hardly show - even the wide ones on my stomach. So don't worry - focus on health, get out & walk. Worry causes more problems than a couple of old stretch marks!
    About showing skin...young men like the mystery of a woman whose covered. And your husband like his woman covered. IMHO. OK, not just my opinion - in my husband's opinion also! (both of them)
    :wink:
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    hereditary has alot to do whether if they fade or what they do.
    I use bio oil and find it helps.
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    I've heard a lot of great things about Bio-Oil (or just vitamin E cream in general) but never tried it so can't say!
  • yeah, at this state I will not be very comfortable wearing a two piece with them ::noway: They have creams you can use, but they will eventually fade. :ohwell:
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    they fade but will never go away.
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Strivectin SD really helps with stretch mark appearance and texture..I love it!
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Yes, they fade with time and you can try Bio-Oil twice a day, it's expensive but worked wonders on my c-section scar.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    To be honest nothing but surgery makes them go away, so you just have to be patient and wait for them to fade. I wouldnt show my arms either, but this year ive decided im sick of better so hot whilst covered up, so ive got them out and now my skins a little tanned they dont look as bad. Nobody notices them the same way you do! X