Lowest calorie drinks to order at the bar?

Options
Hey everyone, I turned 21 on Thursday and I have just started getting back into the weight loss swing of things. Although I still want to go out and enjoy being legal with my friends, I don't want to work hard and eat right just to destroy my good day with a few drinks once or twice a week.

So the real question here is, does anyone know any low cal drinks I can sip on when I go out?

I know the proper response is 'don't drink', but I like to go out and have fun every once and awhile too!

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda water with a twist of lime or whiskey and diet coke are my go-to, low cal drinks. :) Under 100 calories each.

I also drink Corona Light pretty often when sipping beer (about 110 calories a bottle).
  • artisticappetite
    Options
    Vodka and soda water with a twist of lime or whiskey and diet coke are my go-to, low cal drinks. :) Under 100 calories each.

I also drink Corona Light pretty often when sipping beer (about 110 calories a bottle).

Ohh thankyou! I know to stay away from sugary drinks like margaritas or daiquiris, which is a shame because they are so yummy. I like vodka, so I'll try it with soda water!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Try flavored Stolis on the rocks or with soda water.

I also like sipping on a glass or two of wine when I'm craving something sweeter.

Above all, stay away from sour mix.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Most whiskey is around 69 calories. Mixed with diet soda, water, or soda water will keep the calories down to that.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The lowest calorie beers I'm aware of are Bud 55, which is 55 calories per bottle, and MGD 64, which is 64 calories per bottle. Drawbacks are lower alcohol content, carbs, and you lose flavor (I joke that they are kind of like drinking water. But, they really aren't a bad option when you want a drink but dont want to burn too many calories on it.) Most light beers are 100-120 calories. Better beers can be 150+ calories.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    water
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can order this at a bar, but my go-to drink for parties is vodka (or rum) with Crystal Light. You seriously can't taste the alcohol AT ALL (so be careful). It's delicious and low calorie.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I drink pink lemonade and vodka at the beach, and I usually go for hard cider at the bar (not very low cal though)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Tequila, whiskey, straight up or or Vodka mixed with diet soda.
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    I don't know if you can order this at a bar, but my go-to drink for parties is vodka (or rum) with Crystal Light. You seriously can't taste the alcohol AT ALL (so be careful). It's delicious and low calorie.

I do this too! Or with flavored water like propel. If I need a little something better, I mix with diet 7 up (but that's at home since most bars don't carry it)
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Cape cods are my fave...about a 100 or so calories and delicious! Enjoi and congrats!
  • JBHawaii
    JBHawaii Posts: 94
    Options
    Bacardi silver is lso very low calorie as is straight scotch... if you can handle it. Thats how i roll now and I manage to lose weight still. Also, remember that wine is actualy very good for you IN MODERATION. Tons of antioxidants and its delicious!
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Rum or jack daniels mixed with diet cola, ~70 cals a drink. nomnomnom.
  • lanfred01
    lanfred01 Posts: 17
    Options
    Whiskey!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options

This! Although the Corona Lights I had yesterday were only 99 calories!
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Scotch on the rocks! Like a champ!
  • MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The bottled Skinny Girl Margarita is awesome! It's agave tequila and super tasty. As for the bar I get rum and diet coke, or gin & soda. Red wine is great too if you're out for dinner.
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    Whiskey on the rocks, whiskey and diet cola or diet ginger, gin and diet tonic. I think most hard alcohol has about 70 cals to the ounce - but be aware that a shot is generally an ounce and a half.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    Also, Michelob Ultra is not so bad - 96 calories for a 12 oz bottle.