exercise...

Options
So this morning I worked out at Curves and my HRM said I burned 527 calories! My hubby's birthday is Monday and we're celebrating over at his parents this evening with tacos and cake of course which I will not be eating (if I can help it, lol). My husbands mom decided to do taco instead of pizza since she knows i'm on a diet...:laugh: not too much of a difference but I appreciate her thinking of me anyhow. And the way she sees it is I can choose what and how much to put on my tacos...so that is true and it'll end up being better than pizza if I make the right choices :tongue: My quistion is if I worked out this morning and burned 527 calories will it still be okay to eat my exercise calories about 7 hours after my workout? I usually don't eat any of my exercise calories but I plan to this evening, but not if it's not going to be the same as eating and then working out, especialy about 7 hours later. I'm sorry, I know there are so many posts about exercise calories and I scammed through them but they didn't help me figure out my quistion!!! Please help me figure it out :happy:

Replies

• bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matter when you eat your work out calories because they are just added to your daily alotment. At least your motherinlaw was trying to think of what would be easier on you. This way the decisions are still all yours. You could make an awsome taco sald and still stay within your alotted calories. Good Luck and enjoy.:smooched:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Yes, i'm thankfull she was thinking of me :happy: And I put in the calories for tacos, cake, and icecream and over quessed to be on the safe side and I will still have more calories left after that!!! So, I think it's safe to say that, ummm well, I'm on the SAFE side :laugh: Thank you for your input, I appreciate it a lot!!! And it makes sense what you said about it pretty much just being added up!!!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes eat your exercise calories! I love tacos because they're awesomely customizable, Take a TON of lettuce, add a bit of taco meat, a sprinkling of cheese, LOTS of salsa, and a small dab of sour cream, if desired. Add as many other veggies as you want. Makes a great taco salad.

You have a great MIL who will change her menu for you! Be sure to thank her for that...
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    While it's best to fill those exercise calories with healthy choices, it wouldn't hurt to have tacos for hubby's birthday. Think of it as a treat meal because it fits into your calories but not something you would normally have every day.

As for eating it 7 hours later, I'm sure you're not fasting between workout and dinner ... your body doesn't know the difference between you eating because it's meal time or eating because your exercise calories are there. Ideally, you spread the extra throughout the day. And unless you normally skip dinner all together, you probably did that and just didn't see it that way.

Oh yeah, I am a big believer of eating exercise calories!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I sure hope you can eat your exercise calories later in the day cause often I come home after my morning workout and have burned 1500 calories.... I don't even think I could eat that all in one sitting lol

I don't think it matters when you eat them during the day as long as you don't save them for other days.