Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sick as a dog

How does one count calories when they're vomiting? I haven't been able to keep anything down for nearly the last twenty four hours, though I've been sipping on ginger ale and eating toast, etc etc.... even that's not staying down.

I woke up last night and lost everything I'd had for dinner, which I've already logged, and I haven't logged anything for today at all, since I don't think it technically counts when it's only been with me for a brief visit. Do I still need to log the foods I've eaten, even though I haven't kept them down?

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Ewwww, poor thing ...... don't know the answer, probably doesn't matter ..... feel better soon !
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Wow, sorry you're so ill. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Honestly, as long as you are this ill and not holding down your food you probably shouldn't even worry about logging it. Focus on getting well, then go back to logging your food when you can hold it down.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    I would say no since it isn't staying down...just try to keep drinking even if it's coming back up
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    How does one count calories when they're vomiting? I haven't been able to keep anything down for nearly the last twenty four hours, though I've been sipping on ginger ale and eating toast, etc etc.... even that's not staying down.

I woke up last night and lost everything I'd had for dinner, which I've already logged, and I haven't logged anything for today at all, since I don't think it technically counts when it's only been with me for a brief visit. Do I still need to log the foods I've eaten, even though I haven't kept them down?

Don't worry about it, your account wont self destruct if you lose 2 days of logging, go rest and forget about mfp for a day.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Sorry your sick. Recommend that you eat either nothing or very small bland food for 24 hours but drink plenty of fluids. Hopefully it is a bug that will pass. As to logging calories don't worry about logging for 24 hours! Get well soon!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Oh no! I had this same question a while ago when I was sick. I wouldn't worry with logging until something actually stays in. Get some rest and feel better!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Sip water and make sure you rehydrate...don`t worry about the whole calorie thing at the moment...get better soon x
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member

Don't worry about it, your account wont self destruct if you lose 2 days of logging, go rest and forget about mfp for a day.

I agree - forget about logging. Stay hydrated and rest. Hope you feel better soon.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Focus on getting better and not logging.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Wow, sorry you're so ill. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Honestly, as long as you are this ill and not holding down your food you probably shouldn't even worry about logging it. Focus on getting well, then go back to logging your food when you can hold it down.

this ^^^^^^^^
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Forget about logging in your food, get better, then get back on track. I was sick a couple of weeks ago and didn't log any food. What's the point, you feel like crap, and your eating whatever your body will allow. Just take care of yourself and worry about the logging later.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    I hope you feel better soon.. sip water or gatoraid... don't want to get dehydrated... chicken broth can help calm the stomach.. but eat 1 bite at a time.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Yep. What BriskisGrl said.

Get some Gatorade and, if it keeps up for more than a day or two, see Doc.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    You don't. Just focus on keeping hydrated. I hope you feel better soon.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Awww, feel better soon.:cry:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Get some rest, stay hydrated and when you feel better you can go back to logging. Hope you feel better soon!