Is it me or...

Options
1113cw
1113cw Posts: 830 Member
Is MFP almost a non traditional online dating site in one (maybe small but still) sense?
Don't get me wrong.. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that. In fact, it might not be not a bad thing, if that's the intent. I mean, you have at least one thing in common with the people you're interacting with right off the bat. And.. it's a great thing to bond with someone in friendship (or otherwise) where you not only have something in common but can also motivate each other and work together to a goal that you both have.
It's no secret there's a TON of flirting on the site. I guess I was just wondering what everyone's intent was... fun, friendship, someone to have something in common with, potential date, etc....
Just curious what everyone else thinks...

Replies

• Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    In fact, it might not be not a bad thing

So it's a bad thing? ;)
  • Karleyyy
    Options
    This subject has been tired out.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    MFP= my flirt pal.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    how you doin? :wink:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    in any community with men/women dating is going to happen. Especially here where everyone is so sweet and encouraging and love to take pictures of themselves. I don't see myself actually dating someone here but flirting on women is definitely another incentive to come here everyday
  • 1113cw
    Options
    So then don't bother answering :)
  • Karleyyy
    Options

You could, you know, use the search and find a million answers on this exact topic. JUST SAYIN.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    MFP= my flirt pal.

What??? I thought it was My Fat Pal. I'm in the wrong place.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options

You could, you know, use the search and find a million answers on this exact topic. JUST SAYIN.

You could not be so snarky... JUST SAYIN.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    MFP= my flirt pal.

What??? I thought it was My Fat Pal. I'm in the wrong place.

Me too!! I thought it was Many Famished People!
  • 1113cw
    Options
    LOL!
  • Karleyyy
    Options

Nah, I'll be as snarky as I please. Js.
  • 1113cw
    Options

Nah, I'll be as snarky as I please. Js.

Then.. I suggest you find another thread. Mine was posted for people that actually have a read on the situation. If I wanted a history based percentage of what people thought in general, I could have very well done my own research, thank you very much.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Regarding your thread's intent, and your surprise at what it's turned into... welcome to the internet.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I think people on this site are becoming more confident it themselves and want to show it. People are looking better, more up beat about themselves and showing off the new them to someone that sparks there interest and who better than someone that shares in interest to be healthy.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm here to track my food and give and receive support.
    The other day, though, there was a very interesting thread about a girl leaving mfp because the married guy she met here was aparently "flirting" (as in asking and receiving tons of pictures of lady parts) from other members :noway: Our own mfp soap opera! I was in complete shock, never knew that kind of stuff went on here.