Been here for ages - need inspiration :-(

I've been on MyFitnessPal for ages now, but I can't seem to stick it :-( every few weeks I go back to how I was because I've had a bad day. How do you motivate and inspire yourselves?

Victoria x

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    I don't want to die. That's it in a nutshell. I like living. I want to live a good quality of life. So I try to walk, eat right and do the right stuff so I can keep going.

For you, you can do this. Keep trying. 10 days of good is still good even if you have 1 day of bad. It's better than 11 days of bad. So get back on that pony and bite it's ear (I used to have horses, when they get ornery and bite you, you bite their ear hard but not hard enough to draw blood and that stops that little habit!!) to show it who's boss and then leave that old lifestyle in the dust!!!

You can do this!!

:drinker:
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    I see results and love it so it inspires me to keep going. i have awesome friends also on here that are all very motivated. you are welcome to add me if you would like but be serious. after so many days not logged in i will delete the contact. :( I am getting ready to start the ripped in 30 dvd by jillian michaels. a groups of us are finishing up on the 30 day shred right now and the results are amazing. so if you would like to join in just add me and let me know.
  • 2012kwhay
    2012kwhay Posts: 17
    thanks for responding to that post in such a positive way. I too have been on MFP and "fallen off the horse" and kicked myself in the butt. I have recently started again and am proud to say that have tracked 3 days in a row and gotten in exercise all 3 days. I love to golf and I am using that to my advantage. I REALLY want to make this work and can use all the help and motivation anyone is willing to give me. I will definitely "bite my horse's ear" -- all my bad eating habits -- and keep ongoing. Thanks again:smile:
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    I'm loving the results and thats enough motivation for me to keep going. Mind you, I dont deprive myself, just try to eat as clean as possible most of the times and the rest of times, eat in moderation. good luck to you! dont lose motivation. It took me a few months before I started seeing results.
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Watch this video for inspiration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    I think your mind has to be in it to stick with. For me at least. Until I could want it as much in my head as I did in my heart, it wasn't gonna happen. I was just like you~ on again off again. Now I have come to the place where everything is in accord and I am doing the weight loss the RIGHT way this time (which helps to keep you motivated). Eating at least 1800 cals a day and exercising 6 days a week. So far it has worked for me. Hope you can get it together and stay with it! Good Luck ! :smile:
  • I don't.

I regularly fall off of the wagon, have a day where I do something silly (Yesterday was an epic binge on dried fruit. Its not as healthy as it sounds) But actually I find that's a good way to do it. I see so many people who hammer their diets and eat nothing but lentils (Cliché, yes, but you should see our processing team leader) and yes they might live a little longer, but honestly, why bother.

If your going to live like that, then there is little point.

Dont feel down about the occasional bad and off day. Sticking to it "most" of the time is better than not sticking to it at all. But if you cant stick to the hardcore all the time, try making smaller lifestyle changes first rather than wholesale changes. Its easier to stick to, and you can slowly work towards making bigger changes that are harder to stick to.

Good luck!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Sounds like me. I really miss having someone local to hold me accountable to the exercise. Good luck getting back on the game plan...I know we can do it!!!
  • mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    One bad day does not equal failure. Quitting DOES though.

I've been doing this for a while... A LONG WHILE. There are days I give up, and think it's not worth it. But the truth is... IT IS.

I am so much happier and healthier than what I was before. That is what matters. Not the scale. Not others perception. MY HEALTH AND HAPPINESS IS WORTH IT.

Even if I lose only half a pound a week that is still 26 lbs a year.

The BIGGER picture is what matters most.

Don't give up. Quitters never win.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Hi Victoria. I've also been on MFP quite a long time and only at the beginning of this year did it start to really help me... largely because I started getting involved in this little community and allowing everyone who is on the same path I'm trying to stay on to help keep me inspired. It really does go a long way to make MFP "friends".

:flowerforyou:
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    I stopped logging in for like a month and gained all of my weight back and felt like crap most of the time. Tired, constant food cravings, and sluggish after stuffing myself. It is hard to stay motivated sometimes so I understand, but what makes me come back is just knowing that holding myself accountable for what I am eating works, not to mention most people on MFP are awesome supporters with a common goal. Hang in there, just keep your eye on the prize!
  • herwitsend
    herwitsend Posts: 29 Member
    Find someone who loves you enough to kick your butt and ask them to hold you accountable, sign up for a race, arrange to meet someone to work out each week. Accountability is the only way for me to keep it up.

Also, it needs to be a lifestyle, not a diet. Having one or two days of eating like junk isn't the end of the world if you aren't dieting. On those days, go for an extra walk and then tomorrow, jump back in and eat well.

Also, paying cash up front for my gym membership made me use it more than the auto withdrawal from my account. ;)
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    I want to be healthy !! For myself and my family

I quit smoking when I became pregnant almost 5 years ago. I vowed that I would never smoke
    around my daughter again. I have kept that promise. BUT, that doesnt mean watching what
    else I do to my body, doesnt matter.

I took a long hard look at myself and thought -- I can't let my weight be a crutch any longer.
    She was born 5 years ago and I need to get my body back. She is the reason I that keeps
    me going -- but I also need to do it for myself.

Do it for you.... and best of luck. We are all here ""add me if you like" I try to motivate daily !
  • Before myfitnesspal I would picture myself and what I would look like after losing weight. Then I'd just imagine how I'd look in clothes and how amazing I'd feel about myself, but I'm human so of course I'd have days where I'd just say "oh, screw it. I'll just look like this!" or even "today I will eat this tub of ice cream, and tomorrow...well tomorrow I'll start my diet, yes tomorrow"... Now this sound may a little strange but now that I started myfitnesspal I don't even think about how I'll look after losing weight, I just enjoy logging my food. I like looking at my diary and seeing my food choices & seeing that I had the will power to limit how much I ate of a certain "junk food" when I craved it whereas I previously hadn't! I think that if you're craving something you should eat it & you shouldn't feel guilty about eating it, nor should you give up that day since you "messed up" - you can "mess up" that one day and then eat healthy the next because everyday matters + the key REALLY is to monitor your portions...if you want M&M's don't have the whole bag, have 20! It really works!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    You keep coming back, so you must want it. Even if your not logging or being "good" everyday, just think before you reach. Don't give up.