I NEED HELP

Options
i need some ideas for easy things i can make that are somewhat nutricious, i feel so tempted to order chinese right now but that will put me over my calories. PLEASE HELP

Replies

• Darcylynn
    Darcylynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I try to keep some frozen entree's in my freezer for when I need something quick, or when my family has something I don't want, like leftovers.You can stock mexican, asian, or even something cheesy. You could try a tuna sanwich with light mayo and whole wheat bread if you have that on hand. Not chinese, but quick.
  • Lindsey83
    Lindsey83 Posts: 16
    Options
    Why not make your own stir fry? Make it with all the veggies and skip all that sauce the put on everything.
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    thanks both of you, i think i will make a quick sandwhich on wheat bread, then il cook some stir fry tonight n then keep the leftovers for a snack tomarow :D
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Instead of a sandwich you could try a lettuce wrap with your sandwich toppings. It's a yummy alternative and cuts about 110 calories from your lunch. Homemade stir fry made with low sodium soy sauce,brown rice, bellpeppers, and mushrooms is a great alternative to chinesse carry out and it tastes great.
  • jesp1216
    Options
    ive heard of using lettuce instead of bread ive never tried it though it sounds intresting, im having a hard time staying motivated at the moment because i hve nothing to do all day so ive been tryin to excersise as much as i can, i keep gettin a craving for chinese
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    bwilton77 is right! Choose a lettuce that you like! If you can't get it to wrap without cracking you can dip it quickly in boiling water, then let it dry, and it will be softer.
  • jesp1216
    Options
    thanks i actualy just made one and im eating it at the moment, suprisingly it tastes really good.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    Why not make your own stir fry? Make it with all the veggies and skip all that sauce the put on everything.

This is a favorite of mine :). I cook 1lb of thin cut chicken breats (cubed) in 2 tbsp of Kikkoman Terriyaki. Meanwhile I steam fresh diced carrots, broccoli, & green beans (at least 2 cups of each). Once it's done I throw the veggies in with the chicken & cook for a few more minutes covered. I separate into 5 servings. Served with 2 cups of white rice it's less than 500 calories. It's been a huge favorite of everyone I've made it for. You can serve over brown or jasmine rice to reduce calories, substitute any veggies you like, or substitute a lean cut of beef. So long as you use fresh veggies not canned the sodium stays low despite the sauce. This is also a cheap meal & is just as good as leftovers :)